By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is second hand so expensive this generation?

I think used prices are outrageous this gen.

You walk into Gamestop and think to yourself "Should I buy this new for $60 or used for $55?"

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

maybe you guys just arent looking in the right places.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

You can always pick up old games on the 360 for less than £10...

What on earth are you all talking about?

Sure you can't in places like "Game" like you could with the PS2...but checkout the bargain bin in Currys\PC World and you'll see quite a few different games for between a fiver and £10.

Saw Pro Evo 6 there the other day for £2.99, TR Legend £5.99...Table Tennis £4.99...uhhh dunno quite a few more...

Its just not as widespread as with the PS1\2 and I think the only reason that is, is because the games haven't been out long enough.

The PS1\2 didn't see any £10 games of any quality for YEARS after the release of the actual consoles.

I don't understand how Mario Party 5 could still be $35 when Mario Party 8 on the Wii is $50. These games cost way too much after release for me to buy.

Two year old games still reek of their $44.99 price tags.Last gen games especially should all be under $25 by now, except for compilations.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Hands in short supply also?

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
I don't understand how Mario Party 5 could still be $35 when Mario Party 8 on the Wii is $50. These games cost way too much after release for me to buy.

Two year old games still reek of their $44.99 price tags.Last gen games especially should all be under $25 by now, except for compilations.

I don't understand that either. I understand however why games like Marvel vs Capcom 2 costs over $80 and Halo 3 is $35. Those games have huge demand. Wait until Xbox 360 sells this september....people are STILL going to be picking Gears of War and Halo 3 off of the shelves. Live is going to be maddness this holiday season.

If you want to game cheap switch to PC gaming.

I buy strictly Ebay or Amazon. There is usually someone on those venues selling the used game I want at an agreeable price.

Brick and mortar game retailers are dinosaurs as far as I'm concerned.

naznatips said:
If you want to game cheap switch to PC gaming.

True enough.  I've got a number of awesome PC games recently and didn't pay more then 10 bucks for any of them... new.

If you look around you can find some PS3 games for under $20, but most places will have tons of 360 games for under $20.