By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is second hand so expensive this generation?

naznatips said:
If you want to game cheap switch to PC gaming.

Because people download them?

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network
Griffin said:
If you look around you can find some PS3 games for under $20, but most places will have tons of 360 games for under $20.

hmm where ?O_o

All the bargains are online now, you just need to look around a bit.

Jo21 said:
Griffin said:
If you look around you can find some PS3 games for under $20, but most places will have tons of 360 games for under $20.

hmm where ?O_o

http://us.gamestracker.com/xbox-360-prices.htm

there are some nice prices at blockbuster on used games

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

I have just bought a PS3 with BC off Ebay. BC keeps the price up but I managed to get it for £250 so well chuffed.
I have been looking for games and it seems that Gamestation is alot cheaper than Ebay, Resistance for £9.99 while on Ebay it is going for the high teens plus delivery. Ebay for PS3 games is full of chancers trying to sell high, you just have to look around before bidding.
Can't wait until you can get 4 PS3 games for £10 like the PS2 is now. (I have tried them on the PS3 and with the upscaling and they are fantastic).

Well, first off the games cost more, so the 2nd hand games will be more expensive. Also, I think you need to hunt for the bargains. I bought a brand new Halo 3 for $28 last week on eBay, and its pretty easy to find a good deal on game lots on eBay.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

not for handhelds though...

It's that pesky little duo called supply and demand. People are buying a lot of used games at the high prices and so the prices stay high. Economics 101. Refuse to pay the prices. I shop around and use coupons, specials, promos, and such to keep my gaming habits met cheaply.

For instance, I just bough some new stuff from Toys R Us on a VERY short Buy One Get one Free deal. I got 2 new release ($60) games for the price of one and 2 PS2 games that were 20 each for a total of $20... Recently there was a 25% off coupon from Gamestop. That plus my edge card got me Untold on my PS3 for $12. I picked up Conan for PS3 for $7.50.

Cheapassgamer.com is a great place to look... Another option is Goozex. You can trade games at fair market value for $1 plus the cost of shipping (about $2). It works well...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.