By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wich game i should buy? Okami or FF:IV

I think you should play FFiv it is a great game ................

Final Fantasy 8 The Graetest Game

A (international troll detector) in you Army

Around the Network

Well its done

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Can we get a hint?

Khuutra said:
Can we get a hint?

I dont Understan u?

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
shams said:
Okami is one of the best games I have ever played. Its only for "hardcore" gamers though, if you give up on a game at the first frustration - don't bother.

I'm sure FFIV is good, but its much more "run of the mill". Miss Okami, and you miss a real gaming experience.

What ? Okami is a easy game like Zelda games ( but more fresh than recently Link's asventures except PH ) I agree however  that it is a niche game ( japanese enviroment and mithology is not for all the people ).

I finished Okami yesterday and I reccomend it ( and you can skip the cutscene in the Wii version ).

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
twesterm said:
makingmusic476 said:
Smeags said:
I just bought Okami a couple of days ago, and all I can say is wow! It's such a great game, and I'm only at the beginning. With fantastic gameplay and gorgeous stylized graphics, you can't go wrong with Okami.

Plus, Okami needs all the sales it can get.

This.

Plus, any Zelda fan should own Okami. :P

Actually, I like Zelda games but I wasn't a fan of Okami.  I think the thing that turned me off was the 20 minute cut scene at the beginning.

Okay, let me get this straight.

The long ass, boring tutorial at the start of Twilight Princess (and pretty much every Zelda game) is fine, but the cutscenes at the beginning of Okami aren't? Gee, if you can't even wait through a 20 minute cutscene to play a fabulous game than you might as well sell all of your games and buy Big Beach Sports.

Put it simply I play games because I want to play them not because I want to watch them.

The difference between press quickly the A button for 20 straight minutes and play the start of a game is quite astounishing

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

celine said:
MontanaHatchet said:
twesterm said:
makingmusic476 said:
Smeags said:
I just bought Okami a couple of days ago, and all I can say is wow! It's such a great game, and I'm only at the beginning. With fantastic gameplay and gorgeous stylized graphics, you can't go wrong with Okami.

Plus, Okami needs all the sales it can get.

This.

Plus, any Zelda fan should own Okami. :P

Actually, I like Zelda games but I wasn't a fan of Okami.  I think the thing that turned me off was the 20 minute cut scene at the beginning.

Okay, let me get this straight.

The long ass, boring tutorial at the start of Twilight Princess (and pretty much every Zelda game) is fine, but the cutscenes at the beginning of Okami aren't? Gee, if you can't even wait through a 20 minute cutscene to play a fabulous game than you might as well sell all of your games and buy Big Beach Sports.

Put it simply I play games because I want to play them not because I want to watch them.

The difference between press quickly the A button for 20 straight minutes and play the start of a game is quite astounishing

I think that's a little unfair. First off, the "20 minute cutscene" at the beginning is embellishment for effect. Secondly, the game is Zelda based, so it needs to spend a bit of time setting up the premise. The game actually has what I feel is a sparse story going forward, focused more on gameplay. My problems with the game are a bit more real than "I had to wait for 20 minutes to start playing."

If you can't stand that, then don't get a PS3. You have to do 20 minute installs at the start of a lot of your games.

Again, the pacing is really at fault here, though. The long cutscene followed very closely by a text heavy tutorial and "starting village" are a testament to the overly slow pace and excessive length of the game.

I feel if the game managed to pack everything it has now into a lean 20-25 hour package, it would be remembed as one of the greatest games of all time, rather than simply a AAA Wii and PS2 game.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

MasterZack said:

Hi there!

As the subject says, im looking for a new game, that will be added to my videogame colection. The porblem is, that i have money for buy only one of 'em... wich game i sholud buy? Okami for my Wii, or Final Fantasy IV for my Nintendo DS?

Sorry by the orthograpfhy, i dont speak or write in English very well as u see.

See I do that English speak nor write very well you do.  Okami should you buy.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Okami! Don't even think twice.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
celine said:

I think that's a little unfair. First off, the "20 minute cutscene" at the beginning is embellishment for effect. Secondly, the game is Zelda based, so it needs to spend a bit of time setting up the premise. The game actually has what I feel is a sparse story going forward, focused more on gameplay. My problems with the game are a bit more real than "I had to wait for 20 minutes to start playing."

If you can't stand that, then don't get a PS3. You have to do 20 minute installs at the start of a lot of your games.

Again, the pacing is really at fault here, though. The long cutscene followed very closely by a text heavy tutorial and "starting village" are a testament to the overly slow pace and excessive length of the game.

I feel if the game managed to pack everything it has now into a lean 20-25 hour package, it would be remembed as one of the greatest games of all time, rather than simply a AAA Wii and PS2 game.

I was responding to Montana comment. I enjoy Okami overall however I belive it isn't a perfect ( or near perfect ) game. Repetition is clearly one of its fault and also certain dialogues are too long.

PS: No problem about about the PS3, I'm currently satisfied by my Nintendo DS and Wii.