By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wich game i should buy? Okami or FF:IV

Hi there!

As the subject says, im looking for a new game, that will be added to my videogame colection. The porblem is, that i have money for buy only one of 'em... wich game i sholud buy? Okami for my Wii, or Final Fantasy IV for my Nintendo DS?

Sorry by the orthograpfhy, i dont speak or write in English very well as u see.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Around the Network

I just bought Okami a couple of days ago, and all I can say is wow! It's such a great game, and I'm only at the beginning. With fantastic gameplay and gorgeous stylized graphics, you can't go wrong with Okami.

Plus, Okami needs all the sales it can get.

FFIV was a great game, but since the only RPGs I see you own are Pokemon games, I don't know if you'll like it.

You seem to be a huge Zelda fan, so you will probably enjoy Okami. Okami is great, and the brush drawing is really good, but the game sort of drags at times due to the story.

Based on what is in your game collection, I would recommend Okami, unless you secretly enjoy JRPGs

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Okami. If you have a PS2 go pick up the Chrono Trigger and FF IV two-pack. You can probably find it online for $20.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

if you played FFIV before, then get okami, if you never played both of them than which ever you get, you will enjoy it both are great

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

I would choose FFIV over Okami every time but I'm actually not a huge fan of Okami.

Te encanta Zelda. Entonces compra Okami. Es casi lo mismo, pero un poco mejor que el ultimo Zelda.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Thank to all of u!! Im reading avery word for make a good decision!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
akuma587 said:
Okami. If you have a PS2 go pick up the Chrono Trigger and FF IV two-pack. You can probably find it online for $20.

No!  Do not do that!

They are both great games but the load times are rediculous and all you get out of it are half assed cut scenes.

FFIV DS is *the* definitive version of the game and Chrono Trigger DS will probably be just like the PS version (which the correct translation and all) minus the half assed cut scenes and terrible load times.

I was playing the PS version of Chrono Trigger last month and it takes you about 10 seconds to load the menu screen, another 10 to move through it, and then at least another 10-15 seconds to get out of the menu screen.  That's the menu screen alone.  Load times usually don't bother me a lot but there were just terrible.  Even when going into a battle there would be a 5-10 second pause.

Again, do not get Final Fantasy Chronicles (the two pack Akuma is talking about), there's just no good reason.  FFIV DS is much better than the SNES and PS version and Chrono Trigger DS is coming out soon and it won't have the horrible load times.

Final Fantasy Chronicles and Final Fantasy Anthologies are the absolute worst versions of all those games.

-edit-

I know I've recommended that people get Chronicles and Anthologies in the past but that was only because there were no other options to play those games at the time since most people didn't have a SNES handy.  Now that we have  FFIVDS, FFVI Advance, and soon to be Chrono Trigger DS there's just no point in dealing with the terrible load times.

FFiv is a great game and Okami is a Nice Game I think so they are both great so buy one........

Final Fantasy 8 The Graetest Game

A (international troll detector) in you Army