By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
rendo said:
I said you CAN abort, not you HAVE to. Big difference.

I understand what you're saying, I just don't think the government should allow the murder of an innocent baby for the crimes of his/her father.

Around the Network

With that principle a father should be able request an abortion of a child from the expecting mother then.

rendo said:
With that principle a father should be able request an abortion of a child from the expecting mother then.

Wha???? I don't think it should be legal to have an abortion in any case EXCEPT for to save the life of the mother (which is INCREDIBLY rare).

I don't understand what you're saying. Nothing I said even remotely suggests I think what you just said. (????)

Timmah! said:
rendo said:
I'm with Acumen as well. Incest, rape, dangerous to mother, you can abort. Reckless sexual encounters with no protection or protection fails and you're not ready to be a parent? TOO FUCKING BAD. Deal with it, or put it up for adoption. Most of the people here don't have kids so you're making a decision without understanding the REAL picture.

And don't spout off bullshit about having nieces, nephews, cousins, younger siblings, etc. It isn't the same, it never will be. Until you actually have your own REAL spawn, you won't understand.

I don't necessarily agree with aboriton even in those cases. Why introduce another trauma (aboriton) on top of the trauma of rape or incest? How would you like to tell them, "now that you've experienced the trauma of being raped, let's put the guilt of killing your own child right on top of that", this sounds like the worst possible thing to do to the mother. Talk about ramping up the suicide rate in those women! Adoption can be the most healing thing in this case, you get to see something positive come out of your terrible experience.

yeah you seem to think it that case its manditory, i personaly think it would be good for woman to take it full term to take back some of the control in her life and get some of her strength back, then if she can live witht eh baby and not be reminded of the rape keep it or give it up for adoption...

but if mentaly teh woman cant handle what was done to her it is not our place to let her do what she thinks is best, after all she didnt get a choice to have it done to her ya know?

i am a firm believer that your right to choice is weither or not you can wear protection for sex, if you make a bad choice you shouldnt be given a chance for a do over...after all teh baby your killing dosent get a do over

mesoteto said:
Timmah! said:
rendo said:
I'm with Acumen as well. Incest, rape, dangerous to mother, you can abort. Reckless sexual encounters with no protection or protection fails and you're not ready to be a parent? TOO FUCKING BAD. Deal with it, or put it up for adoption. Most of the people here don't have kids so you're making a decision without understanding the REAL picture.

And don't spout off bullshit about having nieces, nephews, cousins, younger siblings, etc. It isn't the same, it never will be. Until you actually have your own REAL spawn, you won't understand.

I don't necessarily agree with aboriton even in those cases. Why introduce another trauma (aboriton) on top of the trauma of rape or incest? How would you like to tell them, "now that you've experienced the trauma of being raped, let's put the guilt of killing your own child right on top of that", this sounds like the worst possible thing to do to the mother. Talk about ramping up the suicide rate in those women! Adoption can be the most healing thing in this case, you get to see something positive come out of your terrible experience.

yeah you seem to think it that case its manditory, i personaly think it would be good for woman to take it full term to take back some of the control in her life and get some of her strength back, then if she can live witht eh baby and not be reminded of the rape keep it or give it up for adoption...

but if mentaly teh woman cant handle what was done to her it is not our place to let her do what she thinks is best, after all she didnt get a choice to have it done to her ya know?

i am a firm believer that your right to choice is weither or not you can wear protection for sex, if you make a bad choice you shouldnt be given a chance for a do over...after all teh baby your killing dosent get a do over

I don't think it's mandatory, my point is really that many doctors & counselors will try to convince woment to abort the child in a rape case. I was speaking more about that. I know it's not mandetory...

Around the Network

god think that someone could do that and not have any qualms makes me sad for the world and the people in it, i just want to go home and hold ma daughter.....

Timmah! said:
For anybody needing more convincing, watch 'The Silent Scream'. It is an ultrasound video of an 11 week old baby being aborted. WARNING: Not for those with weak stomachs.

http://www.silentscream.org/video1.htm

It's also a scam and something that just looks like that... as nervous systems have not been developed yet.

You shoot enough footage of those things and sure eventually one will look like one is freaking out... but the fetus doesn't even have brainwaves at 11 weeks old.

Also, I do think people should be able to use drugs on themselves no matter what said drugs are.  Though Drunk Driving is stupid.  That always endagers people.

mesoteto said:
god think that someone could do that and not have any qualms makes me sad for the world and the people in it, i just want to go home and hold ma daughter.....

And I can't wait to hold mine when she gets here in November!

Kasz216 said:
Timmah! said:
For anybody needing more convincing, watch 'The Silent Scream'. It is an ultrasound video of an 11 week old baby being aborted. WARNING: Not for those with weak stomachs.

http://www.silentscream.org/video1.htm

It's also a scam and something that just looks like that... as nervous systems have not been developed yet.

You shoot enough footage of those things and sure eventually one will look like one is freaking out... but the fetus doesn't even have brainwaves at 11 weeks old.

Wrong. Babies have the necessary nerves and preliminary brain function to feel pain at 8 weeks, this is well documented. Link

This reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine and her boyfriend have the arguement about abortion.

Personally, I am Pro-Life. Being a Christian, i live for Christ, and the Bible obviously states that taking life even during conception is wrong.