By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
rocketpig said:
"Pro-abortion" implies that the person is all for aborting fetuses. "Pro-Choice" is the proper terminology. Many people are against abortion but believe people should have the choice. I'm one of them.

oh, ok i see, personally im pro-choice (see my previous posts)

Around the Network

Pro-choice. I actually dated a girl who had one right before she dated me. The guy was actually my brothers dorm roommate our freshman year in college.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

I don't agree with abortion, but they can do whatever they want, if it's not my problem I don't care

stof said:
I'm a feminist and a supporter of a woman's control over her body.

It's not her damn body she'd destroying. The body that is destroyed has a completely different set of DNA than her own, and is by every medical and scientific definition, not her body, and not part of her body. Because the baby is, by every scientific definition, a separate human being, it should be given the same rights as the mother, and her right to her body cannot override her baby's right to live. The baby responds to stimuli and can feel pain very early on in the pregnancy, so killing this person is very cruel.

The baby is dependant on the mother in the womb, but is it's own separate individual. If we are allowd to abort a baby up until it is born because it is dependant on the mother, the same (twisted) logic should state that it's ok to kill a child once it's born, since it's still dependent on it's caregiver. Is it legal for a mother to bash a child's head in with a hammer then dump it in the trash the day after it's born if she doesn't want it?? No! Than why is it legal the day before the child's born for the physician to kill the child??? It makes no sense. This is not about the rights of the mother, she had the right to choose what she did with her body, and she chose to have unprotected sex. She knew the risks, but took them anyway, there's absolutely no reason why her child should have to pay with his/her life for their mother's mistake.

If you are indeed a feminist, maybe you should study the effects that abortion has on the mother. Mother's have a natural maternal instinct, and having an abortion goes against that natural instinct. This choice to kill one's baby leads to horrible guilt in many cases, scarring the mother for life. It is a well documented fact that suicide cases in women who've had abortions is significantly higher than those who have not. Cases of depression and other mental illness increase as well. As an anecdotal piece of evidence, one of my Aunts had an abortion when she was in her early 20's. The reasons seemed good at the time, but she has spent many years in therapy, on anti-depressants, and even on suicide watch as a direct result of her guilt. She is now in her mid 50s, has a son, and still suffers from guilt and still occasionally has nightmares about 'what she did'. She is now one of the staunchest pro-life supporters I've ever met. By the way, she's still very much a feminist, she just thinks feminism got this one very wrong.

Link regarding suicide rate: http://www.afterabortion.org/news/suicide205.html

Abortion and mental illness: http://www.afterabortion.org/psychol.html

Physical complications of Abortion: http://www.afterabortion.org/physica.html

If you really believe in women's rights, the first step would be to require doctor's to better educate women on the risks of Abortion. Abortion is one of the least regulated medical procedures as far as patient education, and many doctor's don't even bother to review the risks of abortion to the patient. Women should have a right to know what this procedure can do to them.

Acumen's post accurately shows my own views.

What I really find disturbing is the roles liberals and conservatives take on this issue. Many people see liberals as the "savior" of the people since they push for more equality and a better life for all. And yet they dont want to defend the most defenceless thing in this world.

And conservatives, generally seen as the greedy, independent thinkers instead of what is best for all, are the ones trying to outlaw abortion. This is the reason why I consider myself more conservative than liberal.

I wish we could just outlaw abortion and be done with it. "Choice" that is complete BS. If you use that argument, why not have the choice to do whatever you want with your body. Why cant we use drugs on our ownself? Or drink and drive if it doesnt endanger someone else?

Pro-Choice means Pro-Antiresponsibility. Condoms are the cheapest thing since sliced bread, and if you dont use one, then that is your own fault. Birth control can be given at free clinics everywhere. There are so many ways to prevent pregnancies, and yet those who have abortion are just generally the ones who are, mind this term, stupid enough to risk it.

Ive known girls who are less than 18 and have had several abortions. You are defending that? We need to evolve as a society and make people take responsibility for their actions, especially sex. I bet if abortion was made illegal, STD's among youth would drop.

And for the future argument that there would be more and more children put in foster homes, well it is our right as a government to take care of them and give them the best chance to live a successful life. I'm sure conservatives and liberals both would support more government spending to help these children instead of having them killed before they had a chance.

As for those who would have abortions anyway, I would personally prosecute them. Abortion clinics would face higher charges while individuals would serve 1-2 years. People need to face responsibility, especially when it comes to sex.

"Women have the right to do whatever with their body". Yes they do, but not when it comes to the body living inside of them.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network

To all you "Pro-Choice" people out there, just take a look at what you support...

Saline abortion of a2nd trimester baby. This baby was old enough to live if born prematurely and placed on an incubator. Instead it was poisoned and died a very painful death.

This baby was found outside a legal abortion clinic (in the garbage) in houston. Also able to survive with modern medical care at this age (it was 7 months old), it was killed by D&C, essentially, it was cut and gougued alive with a sharp instrument. This is torture.

Another baby killed by saline abortion. Essentially it was burned alive, burned from the outside with the poisen, and also burned from the inside. There is no question it could feel the pain as it was slowly killed.

Another D&C abortion. This baby was ripped apart alive with a doctor's tools. We don't even execute murderers in this way, but it's perfectly OK to kill an innocent baby like this. Fucking disgusting. I don't usually like to curse, but this certainly merits some choice words.

Seen enough? How about another D&C??

Reality bites. How can anybody support this??? It's absolutely twisted and disgusting. My wife and I are having a baby, to think that my little baby girl could legally be killed right now is a travesty. There is no argument that can ever be made to prove that this is right.

For anybody needing more convincing, watch 'The Silent Scream'. It is an ultrasound video of an 11 week old baby being aborted. WARNING: Not for those with weak stomachs.

http://www.silentscream.org/video1.htm

I'm with Acumen as well. Incest, rape, dangerous to mother, you can abort. Reckless sexual encounters with no protection or protection fails and you're not ready to be a parent? TOO FUCKING BAD. Deal with it, or put it up for adoption. Most of the people here don't have kids so you're making a decision without understanding the REAL picture.

And don't spout off bullshit about having nieces, nephews, cousins, younger siblings, etc. It isn't the same, it never will be. Until you actually have your own REAL spawn, you won't understand.

rendo said:
I'm with Acumen as well. Incest, rape, dangerous to mother, you can abort. Reckless sexual encounters with no protection or protection fails and you're not ready to be a parent? TOO FUCKING BAD. Deal with it, or put it up for adoption. Most of the people here don't have kids so you're making a decision without understanding the REAL picture.

And don't spout off bullshit about having nieces, nephews, cousins, younger siblings, etc. It isn't the same, it never will be. Until you actually have your own REAL spawn, you won't understand.

I don't necessarily agree with aboriton even in those cases. Why introduce another trauma (aboriton) on top of the trauma of rape or incest? How would you like to tell them, "now that you've experienced the trauma of being raped, let's put the guilt of killing your own child right on top of that", this sounds like the worst possible thing to do to the mother. Talk about ramping up the suicide rate in those women! Adoption can be the most healing thing in this case, you get to see something positive come out of your terrible experience.

I said you CAN abort, not you HAVE to. Big difference.