By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The 13th 90+ Metacritic game is: Geometry wars! 27 reviews, 90% average.

starcraft said:
Hehehe......I love it.

So shouldn't you update your signature?

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Hehehe......I love it.

Update it bitch!

Tease.

Ronster316 said:
No doubt Origional N64 Version of banjo on xbla will make it 14.... Left 4 Dead will make it 15, Gears of war 2 will make it 16 and perhaps portal: still alive will make it 17.... bottom line is the 360 is the daddy when it comes to AAA titles and will remain so for the rest of this generation

If Starcraft starts counting games like Banjo-Kazoie then technically he should also count the VC games for the Wii in his signature.

Edot: Why did I say entire the first time? What a ludicrous assertion!

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
Ronster316 said:
No doubt Origional N64 Version of banjo on xbla will make it 14.... Left 4 Dead will make it 15, Gears of war 2 will make it 16 and perhaps portal: still alive will make it 17.... bottom line is the 360 is the daddy when it comes to AAA titles and will remain so for the rest of this generation

If Starcraft starts counting games like Banjo-Kazoie then technically he should also count the entire VC for the Wii in his signature.

if those games are 90+ on metacritic then yes.. he should count them

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:

Lets see if he will start doing it then. Currently he clearly doesn't so I am betting he won't. I don't think it will stop him from counting Banjo-Kazooie though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

woah thats high

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I'm surprised anyone would be counting xbla games, afterall they are reviewed on a completely different curve to regular games. It's like comparing apples to oranges, you cannot just add them together and get a meaningful number.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

89.9% for game rankings... shucks.

My predictions for 90+ Metacritic score games...

100% Guaranteed:
Gears of War 2
Rock Band 2

Most likely:
Fallout 3
Fable 2
Castle Crashers
Left 4 Dead

Some chance:

Guitar Hero: World Tour
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Far Cry 2
Prince of Persia
World in Conflict: Soviet Assault
Mirror's Edge
Braid
Bionic Commando Rearmed
maybe one of the JRPGs

Not impossible:
Mercenaries 2
Saints Row 2
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Dead Space
Banjo-Kazooie XBLA

I'm going to guess 10 new games join the 90+ list by the end of 2008.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Gnizmo said:
gebx said:

Lets see if he will start doing it then. Currently he clearly doesn't so I am betting he won't. I don't think it will stop him from counting Banjo-Kazooie though.

This is Metacritic's judgment, not Starcraft's. Currently, there aren't any Virtual Console games that have a 90 average on Metacritic.

Systems owned: Nintendo 64, GameCube, Xbox 360, Atari 7800, Genesis, PlayStation, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS.

Year-end predictions (April 6, 2008):

• DS: 94 million (96.0)
  • Wii: 46 million (44.4)
  • PSP: 45 million (43.6)
  • X360: 27 million (27.3)
  • PS3: 24 million (19.4)
  • PS2: 124 million (123.7)