By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic Fail: Games that will Probably Suck

misterd said:
zexen_lowe said:
That article is terrible. You can't put LBP on the same level as WiiMusic or Imagine Thingz. It's okay if the autor isn't too hyped about the game, but if one thing is guaranteed is that LittleBigPlanet won't suck, that is taking it to the extreme. It hasn't won Best of E3 for two consecutive times for nothing

You really can't put WiiMusic on the same level as Imagine Thingz either.

That's right, at least in Imagine you have a goal

Around the Network
Bored4life said:
The sad thing is that none of you know what Wii Music is really about.
I say shut the hell up and wait.
I'm still wondering about the music videos as well as the fact that they said that we'll learn to play instruments.

If this really has a freestyle mode like what I'm thinking then all of you will be eating crow when this is released.

I'm still staying quiet on this game.

We can only go by what Nintendo has revealed.

I'm a Nintendo guy. I've owned every Nintendo home console save the SNES (college = broke), and the only current gen console in my home is my Wii. I have defended many of Nintendo's questionable moves - hell, I still defend Mario Sunshine and Celda. I had hopes for WiiMusic. But what they showed just looked.... lame. It appeared that what they did was take the Ocarina from TLoZ:TOOT and made a game out of it, except, not a game. An activity.

Now it could be that they bungled the presentation completely, and left many of us with wrong impressions as to the games magical secrets. Hell, this is Nintendo - I half expect that to be the case (okay - not quite half). Maybe you saw something more that I and many others missed, in which case I'd love to hear what it was. But for the time being, we have to judge based on what we've seen, and what we've seen hasn't been that thrilling. 

zexen_lowe said:
misterd said:
zexen_lowe said:
That article is terrible. You can't put LBP on the same level as WiiMusic or Imagine Thingz. It's okay if the autor isn't too hyped about the game, but if one thing is guaranteed is that LittleBigPlanet won't suck, that is taking it to the extreme. It hasn't won Best of E3 for two consecutive times for nothing

Point and match.

zexen_lowe said:
Bobbuffalo said:
Honestly, I found the hate to Wii music more absurd. So is not like Guitar Hero, so what?

What good is a game that doesn't grade your performance AT ALL? Any button you press in any rhythm you want and the game will carry on with the song like if you were a top musician. You coul pick any song in your pc, pick up a plank and simulate you're playing a trumpet and it would be the same

Well that comparison doesn't make any sense. Obviously it will have some kind of "challenge". Nintendo is not that dumb.

What I am saying is that  just because is not "hardcorez" like Rockband or Guitar hero doesn't mean is bad. Just look ar Parappa, for example.

I just say  let's see first what REALLY is about (because let's face it, NOBODY doesn't know for sure how does it play) and then we judge it.

Let's be adults for once.

zexen_lowe said:
misterd said:
zexen_lowe said:

and little big planets goal is????

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Menago KF said:
If i understand correctly ( please understand that i really just didn't read anything about LBP and it's gameplay) LBP is a game where you have to go from point A to point B, whereas the levels are either created by the devs or by the users themselves.

I take it that this is rather a multiplayer game than anything else.

Is there anything else or have i capped it entirely?

Wow, that sounds boring..... there better be more.

I thought the same thing when I heard of the concept behind Super Mario Bros.... Oh wait...

Shut up.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

brute said:
zexen_lowe said:
misterd said:
zexen_lowe said:

Get to the end of the level, like every platformer

Bobbuffalo said:
zexen_lowe said:
Bobbuffalo said:
Honestly, I found the hate to Wii music more absurd. So is not like Guitar Hero, so what?

What good is a game that doesn't grade your performance AT ALL? Any button you press in any rhythm you want and the game will carry on with the song like if you were a top musician. You coul pick any song in your pc, pick up a plank and simulate you're playing a trumpet and it would be the same

Well that comparison doesn't make any sense. Obviously it will have some kind of "challenge". Nintendo is not that dumb.

What I am saying is that  just because is not "hardcorez" like Rockband or Guitar hero doesn't mean is bad. Just look ar Parappa, for example.

I just say  let's see first what REALLY is about (because let's face it, NOBODY doesn't know for sure how does it play) and then we judge it.

Let's be adults for once.

I'm basing my opinion in what IGN said. If Nintendo adds later some kind of challenge, good for them

This is the preview

http://wii.ign.com/articles/890/890213p1.html

Games like Wii Sports are simple, but well made. Wii Music, however, isn't so much a game, as it is a musical sandbox for players to interact with. There's no falling notes, no timing, and honestly – through brutal to say – no skill needed to play the thing. Grab a controller, hit or shake at any time, and you'll make a note. Of course when playing something like the Super Mario Bros. theme on lead saxophone, it's easy to screw up in your timing (especially with other players that are screwing around with free instrument control), but in the end there's no rating or performance gauge to worry about, so it's entirely a free, "do as you feel" type of experience.

Regarding Wii Music, it remembers me "Mario Paint" for SNES... in that game you also didn't required any kind of skill to play it, yet it was very fun to create your stuff. Just paint anything you wanted, good or bad

Mario paint was well received among gamers and the media when it was released, and a lot of people still want to see Mario Paint 2... i don't know why so much hate against Wii Music, i guess is just a cool thing to bash Nintendo on these days.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

zexen_lowe said:
brute said:
zexen_lowe said:
misterd said:
zexen_lowe said:

Get to the end of the level, like every platformer

well if you put it that way,then wii music has a goal to,play music just like every other music game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"