By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic Fail: Games that will Probably Suck

If Nintendo made Band Brothers, then Wii Music can't be THAT bad. I'm sure it's going to be decent. If anything, Rock Band and Guitar Hero are pathetic as well. Also LBP is going to be "a hot mess." Having to pay for levels is not better than buying characters in WoW.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

LBP isn't Mario, Mario had a set story to it and objectives to get to the "end". Is there a end in LBP? From what I see it's just jumping around in user created levels. User created levels should be a bonus of the game not the main selling point.

However there was a boss in the E3 event, maybe there is some story to it and a final level/boss.

Endz said:
LBP isn't Mario, Mario had a set story to it and objectives to get to the "end". Is there a end in LBP? From what I see it's just jumping around in user created levels. User created levels should be a bonus of the game not the main selling point.

However there was a boss in the E3 event, maybe there is some story to it and a final level/boss.

There is a story mode with 60 campaign levels and 60 building tutorial levels.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

DMeisterJ said:
The LBP hate is strong in this thread. I predict weeping and gnashing of the teeth when this game comes out and pwns (sales and critically).

Surprisingly, there is a severe lack of The Conduit on this list, with by all intents and purposes being a generic shooter.

Hell, where's Too Human at? Demo impressions have been less than stellar.

Did anyone else notice the lack of MS hate on this article? No exclusive 360 game will suck? Wow. Find that hard to believe.

I expect the game to be a cirtical smash success and a commercial let down. Quirky games tend to dissapoint in everything but critical appeal. Sad but true.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

misterd said:
Bored4life said:
The sad thing is that none of you know what Wii Music is really about.
I say shut the hell up and wait.
I'm still wondering about the music videos as well as the fact that they said that we'll learn to play instruments.

If this really has a freestyle mode like what I'm thinking then all of you will be eating crow when this is released.

I'm still staying quiet on this game.

We can only go by what Nintendo has revealed.

I'm a Nintendo guy. I've owned every Nintendo home console save the SNES (college = broke), and the only current gen console in my home is my Wii. I have defended many of Nintendo's questionable moves - hell, I still defend Mario Sunshine and Celda. I had hopes for WiiMusic. But what they showed just looked.... lame. It appeared that what they did was take the Ocarina from TLoZ:TOOT and made a game out of it, except, not a game. An activity.

Now it could be that they bungled the presentation completely, and left many of us with wrong impressions as to the games magical secrets. Hell, this is Nintendo - I half expect that to be the case (okay - not quite half). Maybe you saw something more that I and many others missed, in which case I'd love to hear what it was. But for the time being, we have to judge based on what we've seen, and what we've seen hasn't been that thrilling.

That's basically what Miyamoto said in an interview at E3.  He said something like, "It's not a game, it's more interesting than a game."

I think that Wii Music is suposed to be more of a toy than a game.  It might be a very good, fun toy, but we don't know yet.

It is probably targeted at the under 10 age group.  I don't think it is meant for gamers, but instead it is aimed directly at Nintendo's expanded audience.  It will probably be a million seller because of that.

Personally, I'm not interested in it.  It will probably be panned by critics.  But that doesn't mean that it isn't good at what it was intended for.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

I dont see LBP failing. The PS3 already got its flop of the year. Haze.

zexen_lowe said:
brute said:
zexen_lowe said:
misterd said:
zexen_lowe said:
That article is terrible. You can't put LBP on the same level as WiiMusic or Imagine Thingz. It's okay if the autor isn't too hyped about the game, but if one thing is guaranteed is that LittleBigPlanet won't suck, that is taking it to the extreme. It hasn't won Best of E3 for two consecutive times for nothing

You really can't put WiiMusic on the same level as Imagine Thingz either.

That's right, at least in Imagine you have a goal

and little big planets goal is????

Get to the end of the level, like every platformer

I kinda disagree.

I mean... nobody is actually talking about playing LBP so much as people are talking about the creation tools.  I'd say the real goal is to make kickass levels.