By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 20GB Xbox 360 owners!!! What game is good enough for you to install?

AS many as I possibly can at any given time. 120GB here as I use to have a 20GB before I upgraded to the Elite. :)

Around the Network

Yeah.

I'm very torn. Eventually I'll need a PS3 for Versus mainly and to a lesser extent Heavy Rain and God of War 3 (but GoW3 can easily be played at a friends).

But if Versus goes multiplatform I'm jumping on a 120GB HDD.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I'll be getting either a 60gb or 120gb HDD. Games I will definately install:

Mass Effect (Texture pop in)
GTAIV
Halo 3 (Quicker multiplayer matches)
Gears of War (I play it heaps with friends as well)

Tease.

SQUILLIAM!!!!!

FABLE 2!!!!

Probably any of the bigger RPGs like fable, ME or Fallout. Tho load times have never been a big thing for me. I guess I have just gotten used to them and I accept that its part of the process.  Tho down the road i'll prolly pick up a 120HDD just so I don't have to discriminate against one or the other.

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Around the Network

I'll go back and finish Mass Effect. Elevator rides. That is all.

In general, any RPG with a lot of loads from section to section should benefit, although even on HDD, the load times are still going to be very far from "unnoticeable."

Texture pop ins should be somewhat reduced for GoW and GoW2 although I'd play the PC version to see how much of an improvement it will realistically be since it already plays off HDD.

The load times on those games in particular aren't noticeable thanks to the use of streaming textures, so there won't be much change if any, other than less pop in while the game is playing.

It'll have to be a game that runs poorly enough without an install that it makes me want to install it to play it. Other than that, I probably won't use the feature that much.

The only game so far I would care to use it on, if I hadn't played it already, would be Mass Effect.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Maybe IU or Fable 2. Which I love to play more.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

greenmedic88 said:
I'll go back and finish Mass Effect. Elevator rides. That is all.

In general, any RPG with a lot of loads from section to section should benefit, although even on HDD, the load times are still going to be very far from "unnoticeable."

Texture pop ins should be somewhat reduced for GoW and GoW2 although I'd play the PC version to see how much of an improvement it will realistically be since it already plays off HDD.

The load times on those games in particular aren't noticeable thanks to the use of streaming textures, so there won't be much change if any, other than less pop in while the game is playing.

I've been thinking about those elavator rides.  I'm not sure they would be reduced.  They have dialogue and the elevator runs at a set speed.  Even though the game might be done loading, I wouldn't be surprised if it lets the elevator run it's course.

fayewong said:

oh really now? Hackers can find a way to modify it to where you don't even need it in your drive if you can upload it onto the HDD. there's always a way to bypass it. Just like how they can do it with the PSP, all you need is just a UMD but not the actual game.

*sigh* Or perhaps they have it so that the console checks to see if the disc is in the console every so often? What makes you think that Microsoft hasn't thought of this? They have the most to lose, afterall.