By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 20GB Xbox 360 owners!!! What game is good enough for you to install?

For those that are not aware the Fall (Spring for those of us in the Southern Hemisphere) will allow Xbox 360 owners do transfer entire games from their disks to their console's HDD.  Now for Elite owners or people who have purchased a 120GB HDD this will obviously not be an issue for some time.  In most cases these console owners will simply be able to upload as many games as they wish to their HDD without thinking about deleting any for some time.

However for Pro console owners like myself, who only have 8.5GB or even less space to play with, the situation is far less clear.  Generally speaking, it will only be possible to upload one game to the HDD at a time, which will be concerning to those who play multiple games in a short period.  The benefits of HDD installs will presumably include faster load times and less texture pop-in.

So the question becomes, which game that is out or upcoming will be important enough to you to bother uploading to you're console's HDD?  Will you find it necessary or desirable to decrease load times for Gears of War 2?  The first title had some texture pop-in that could be easily avoided with a full install the second time around.  Or perhaps you'd prefer to reduce load times and pop-in on you're next playthrough of Mass Effect?

Personally, I'm giving serious thought to uploading Fable 2 to my HDD in it's entirety.  The only issues I had with the first game were loading times and it's short length.  By all accounts the second title will have a slightly longer core story and a far greater variety of side quests and activities, so I may find myself playing for 25 hours or more.  As such, I think it would be useful to reduce drive noise, decrease load times and simply play through the game.  My little brother will also likely be pre-occupied with Fable 2 whenever I am not using the console, so it should be no inconvenience to him.  The only issue is doing this will add an extra half hour or so to the time I am NOT playing Fable 2.

What about you guys?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

hmm, ill install gears of war if im still on my 20gb HDD when the update comes, hopefully ill get a 120gb HDD by then though

I can't install one they are to big or better said I don't have enough space for it.

I was about to say Halo Tre but since there's hardly any loading.. meh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

oh thats great! you can sell the game on ebay/gamestop and still have it on your HDD. GENIUS! it puts piracy on a whole new gaming level.

I'll just buy this game/borrow it from my friend/rent it from blockbuster, then I will copy it to my HDD even though I don't have ownership rights and return it back once the game is copied onto my drive. GENIUS! All this because of some stupid loading times that will decrease your lifespan by 30 seconds and you can't wait for it to load.

Around the Network
fayewong said:

oh thats great! you can sell the game on ebay/gamestop and still have it on your HDD. GENIUS! it puts piracy on a new gaming level.

I'll just buy this game/borrow it from my friend/rent it from blockbuster, then I will copy it to my HDD even though I don't have ownership rights and return it back once the game is copied onto my drive. GENIUS!

It still requires the disc to start up, genius.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

fayewong said:

oh thats great! you can sell the game on ebay/gamestop and still have it on your HDD. GENIUS! it puts piracy on a new gaming level.

I'll just buy this game/borrow it from my friend/rent it from blockbuster, then I will copy it to my HDD even though I don't have ownership rights and return it back once the game is copied onto my drive. GENIUS!

The game must be in your drive but it does not spin.

I would probably install Halo 3 since thats the game I play the most. I don't think I'm as worried about load times, although that is a benefit, as I am about extending the life of the dvd and the laser.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

I can't even do one. I only have 4.9 GBs left and have another 15 or so XBLA titles to buy this year. I would probably do Burnout Paradise if I could, since it's my favorite game.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

oh really now? Hackers can find a way to modify it to where you don't even need it in your drive if you can upload it onto the HDD. there's always a way to bypass it. Just like how they can do it with the PSP, all you need is just a UMD but not the actual game.