By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yet more Carmack: PS3 has a HUGE advantage in cost per GB of large games

Seriously guys, why so much hate? I hadn't heard of him before this event, but he knows his stuff and is very level headed and unbiased. Of course he has things to say at his own companies event...

Around the Network

Lol... yeap, after hearing that this more related with money (And he loves to brag about the new IDSoftware`s baby)... he likes the 360 aproach but he likes more the space on a BR disc... (Probably he would love more to see MS lowering the fees)

It will be intesting to see how many dev get a license to use the new engine...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
naznatips said:
DMeisterJ said:
Oh god.

He's getting worse than Malstrom or however you spell his name.

Stop talking!

To quote a friend of mine named Rocketpig, "Say it with me, QuakeCon."

QuakeCon.

QuakeCon.

QUAKECON!

Okay, feel better now.

I believe he said a lot more negative things about the PS3 than the 360 naznatips, and you've completely taken his words out of context. Still I'm pleased (and surprised) this you haven't posted this as "news" ;)

Also, I think the much longer development time needed for PS3 games would easily outweigh the increased licensing cost for games that need more than one disc on the 360.

How many games are there for the 360 that come on more than 1 disc?...

Hmmmmm........

3?

Out of over TWO HUNDRED.

tombi123 said:
Seriously guys, why so much hate? I hadn't heard of him before this event, but he knows his stuff and is very level headed and unbiased. Of course he has things to say at his own companies event...

You haven't heard of John Carmack!?

I would get that Patrick Stewert facepalmer but can't be bothered :)

Around the Network

which ever way you look at it, this topic is regarding rage. ps3 version of rage is better, best to end it there.

no point in bringing it up again and again. in fact im getting sick of carmack

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I hope it's cheap enough to consider cartridges next generation (They are big enough, but it depends on how costly they are to manufacture I think)

Skeeuk said:

which ever way you look at it, this topic is regarding rage. ps3 version of rage is better, best to end it there.

no point in bringing it up again and again. in fact im getting sick of carmack

True...interesting to see how it turns out.

<snip>

Also, I think the much longer development time needed for PS3 games would easily outweigh the increased licensing cost for games that need more than one disc on the 360.

<snip>

Proof?  Source?  I mean, aside from fanboy logic.

Burgles I posted nearly everything said in the entire interview in the topic. I'm sorry that it bothers you to hear a developer give a positive point of PS3 development though.