By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega. Sonic is Dead.

Sonic was kinda dead to me since Megadrive. He's still cool though.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Stats87 said:
silverlunar777 said:
FishyJoe said:
It might be more funny if M&S weren't the best selling game in the UK.

You know that if it wasn't for Mario that game wouldn't sell half million o3o.

I was about to say the same thing, Mario is driving the sales way more then Sonic

Sonic is incredibly popular in Europe.

Yeah... Sega was Europes best market in terms of competition because Nintendo didnt' push product hard enough there because they're conservative as hell.

Sonic is pretty much dead to me. The characters were good but all the newer additions are really bad. Tails, Knucles, Amy and even Rouge are all greatly designed character but the others... wtf...

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

About time too! Shame it's an hedgehog and not a porcupine, as although both are eatable, the latter is widely considered a delicacy

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I was thinking about it. But guess what? If sega release a old fashioned 2D Sonic tehre's a good chance that the game will be a commercial failure. The actual generation is too harsh with 2D games.

Around the Network

You know what might revive Sonic from the dead? SEGA making its own console again.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Rath said:
hunter_alien said:
RolStoppable said:
Sonic with a sword is still more interesting than 90 % of the other games out there.

... well then you obviosulydont play enough games. I do hope that unleashed will bring back Sonic, but I wouldent count on it...

Umm, you know that you are talking to Rol here right?

I wonder if this is a compliment for Rol or not.

Sonic will live forever in my heart <3. Well he was my first idol!

NJ5 said:

Sonic is incredibly popular in Europe.

Sonic is definitely not "incredibly popular" in Europe. Without Mario M&S would have sold just like, say, Sega Superstar Tennis. And you know it.

Just like everywhere else, new Sonic games are greeted with a tired yawn, and rightfully so. Sonic games never had the substance of a good Mario game - I even dare to say that the very concept of Sonic (high speed Jump'n'Run) is flawed. Last week I gave Sonic Rush on the DS another try, and it's just annoying. You spend most of the time pressing to the right and watching stuff happen. You can hardly tell foreground from background. Too much trial & error. Absolutely no charm. Charisma-free characters, all alike.

-End of rant- 

Don't forget, it's just my opinion. But it's beyond me how anybody could compare Sonic games to Mario games.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

They are trying to expand sonic because he's getting repetative. The game looks great and he seems more livly then he's been in a LONG time.

well atleast there trying somthing different,lets see how it turns out

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"