By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I don´t understand! Help me unserstand.

vaio said:
there is no returning with this one, I will be going for a new one but it´s going to take a while to gather the money. In the mean I have to borrow one of my brothers when i feel like playing the 360.

No returning?  Isn't there that 3-year RROD warranty?  It's not november '08 yet, so how are there any units out of warranty?

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Around the Network
vaio said:
badgenome said:
vaio said:
badgenome said:
If it's caused by temperature changes affecting the soldering, then it wouldn't have to be at peak temperature to RROD. It's the constant heating and cooling that does enough cumulative damage to cause it to fail.

but I have/had a fan on at all times even when the console was shut down, shouldn´t that have helped avoid what just happened?

I don't really know enough about it to say. Obviously, it shouldn't be happening at all.

Out of curiosity, do you know when your Xbox was manufactured or which chip you have?

I will get back to you on that I moved the console to his place and I am heading there now. But I can tell you it was bought just a 1-2 months after launch but an exact date i haven´t got.

Oh, so it's a very early console. Many of those are just FUBAR'd; just a massive screw up in either design or manufacturing, as MS has admitted. My friend was "blessed" with the RROD recently on his old box, but he got a new Arcade unit and it runs cool as a cucumber.

alpha_dk said:
vaio said:
there is no returning with this one, I will be going for a new one but it´s going to take a while to gather the money. In the mean I have to borrow one of my brothers when i feel like playing the 360.

No returning?  Isn't there that 3-year RROD warranty?  It's not november '08 yet, so how are there any units out of warranty?

It has happened once before and I tried returning it but ended up costing me about 200$ and this time I went to the shop and they said it would probably cost more to send it to MS today then it did last time. He didn´t think it was a good idea sending it to them and that it was hard to get them to accept the rrod issue so they would cover the costs.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Is it really the RROD ? Make sure your Component HD AV Cable or VGA HD AV Cable is in your 360. Mine was a bit loose one time and I thought I had a RROD as well, but it haven't

The dreaded RRoD....strikes again

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
vaio said:
alpha_dk said:
vaio said:

It has happened once before and I tried returning it but ended up costing me about 200$ and this time I went to the shop and they said it would probably cost more to send it to MS today then it did last time. He didn´t think it was a good idea sending it to them and that it was hard to get them to accept the rrod issue so they would cover the costs.

Wouldn't hurt to at least call and see if they'll do a freebie reapir. They're suppose to cover failures that invovle the three red rings for three years. Your 360 is showing this right?

Make sure when you talk to customer support you tell them you want a new one and not a refurb....

When did you get the Xbox?

I just got my 360 back from RRoD...here is what happened. I get up one morning to go to work and notice the wireless controller blinking like its tryin to synch with the console. Which is really wierd cause the 360 isnt even on. So I turn on the 360 and i have no picture or sound. I wait about 30-45 seconds and it starts blinking RRoD. So like yours, mine died while it wasnt even on. I'm not sure how its even possible either. But it happened.

Its a launch console (which had the worst failure rates of 'em all)...

Mine went kaput for absolutely no reasons...It worked perfectly fine up until it went DOA on me.

Call Microsoft up and demand a replacement! You should be able to get a brand new Jasper-powered X360 :)

MUCH cheaper than buying a new one. Even if you had to pay, it' be 1/2 the price of a new one.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.