By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - kingdom heart 3 will be announced very very Soon

talkingparrot said:
Sigh, too many Nintendo apologists on the site. The reality is this - the spiritual succesor to Kingdom Hearts,

FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII is a PS3 exclusive. Nomura likes the PS3, not a little, ALOT. Nomura is co-developing two Kingdom Hearts title, one on PSP, and on the DS, and both look amazing.

It is NOT far fetched to see that Kingdom Hearts will stay either exclusive to PS3, 360/PS3, or be Wii / PS2. I don't understand the Nintendo fantacism for wanting Sony to fail on here.

Hmm, I dunno which console the game is going to, but neither do you. I think it is very possible that you're a Sony fanboy.

I know for certain that your talking points don't hold water. Particularly since EA has claimed that Boom Blox sold as well as expected on the Wii, while other games, like RE4, and No More Heroes, sold better than expected on the Wii.

http://kotaku.com/5030718/boom-blox-sells-450k-spielberg-talked-down-from-ledge

Now you may try to write this off as "corporate lies" so it'll fit your argument, but doing so would be damage control. If one of your talking points is wrong, then most likely all of them are.

Again, I don't know where KH will go, nor do I care. I do, however, not like when people who are ignorant of a lot of sales related issues, try to use them incorrectly as talking points in their fanboy/foeboy arguments on either side.

Get your facts straight. Don't cherrypick. You have no idea where KH will go, but you obviously hope it ends up on a Sony console, as I think it is fairly obvious the source of your reasoning is "hope" rather than "facts." The "facts" tell us it's too early to determine.

I mean, it would make perfect sense for Verses13 to go to PS360, but it's PS3 exclusive. Look at all the exclusive 360 games.

First you claim it's all about profit, then you say it's about who the Kindgom Hearts developer chooses as his favorite. You're contradicting yourself, and your attempts feel like you're just spewing a bunch of facts/opinions taken out of context, in an attempt to get some of them to stick on the wall, in favor of your argument that KH will end up on a Sony console.

I think it is likely that it will, to be honest, however, I don't think that any of your reasoning proves or disproves a single thing, and calling everyone on this site "nintendo apologists" doesn't make your opinion any more valid than anyone elses. Too much "hope" not enough "facts" all around.

Square said they wanted to support the consoles equally. Maybe that'll mean more big IPs to the Wii. Who knows. Now you, you would use that assumption as "evidence." You just can't do that. Until you can predict the future, then I suggest you stop talking in absolutes.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Obliterator1700 said:

@dtewi

"Also, how do you know that Sony could best the Wii?"

When did I say this?

"Given trends and sales, it is logical to say that the Wii is the most obvious choice."

If we were going by trends then we could say the ps3 will sell 140million.

"The PS3Mote will not be able to catch on due to it being a peripheal and will be given little support."

The ps3 is catching up to the 360...

@SC

"What could they do to take all of Nintendo's Casusal, and Non Gamer market in this generation?"

Ps3 still has the ablity to become the target for all audiences.

ANy console does, but the chances of Sony taking the market is very slimm

"wii if they downgrade the graphics"

Yea and the gameplay maybe and the storyline...Now that would'nt be a good ported game...

How would gameplay and storyline be downgraded?

"What does that have to do with this arguement."

Movie audience

The movie audience would want to buy a gaming console? If they only buy it for blu-ray then that means they won't be buying games including Kh3 so that point is moot.

sc94597 said:
Obliterator1700 said:

@dtewi

When did I say this?

"Given trends and sales, it is logical to say that the Wii is the most obvious choice."

"The PS3Mote will not be able to catch on due to it being a peripheal and will be given little support."

@SC

"What could they do to take all of Nintendo's Casusal, and Non Gamer market in this generation?"

What were the chance of Wii been the top selling console in 06.

Yea and the gameplay maybe and the storyline...Now that would'nt be a good ported game...

The disc space. There are many aspects in gameplay.

Movie audience

The movie audience would want to buy a gaming console? If they only buy it for blu-ray then that means they won't be buying games including Kh3 so that point is moot.

How would you know this? They might suddenly decided to pick up a game. Your first part of you sentence, your answer to your question is yes people would but a gaming console for Blue ray...

Obliterator1700 said:

@dtewi

When did I say this?

Well, you said that someone else didn't know if the Wii could best the PS3, but neither do you.

You know perfectly well what I mean. The Wii has shown the qualities of a dominant console, while PS3 doesn't.

??? Are you trying to confuse me?

Wii games can not be ported to the PS3 because of the lack of Motion Sensing. And the PS3Mote would not be able to suffice since peripheals have never become the dominant controller on a console.

PS3 games can be ported to the Wii though since they don't need motion sensing. It has to be downgraded majorly though.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I'm going to guess that KH3 will be multiplatform. If Microsoft can pay enough to S-E to break the exclusive agreement with Sony on FFXIII, they can certainly do the same for KH3.

Around the Network
Obliterator1700 said:
sc94597 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
sc94597 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
sc94597 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
sc94597 said:
@Obliterator The Wii attracts non gamers casuals, and core, while the ps2 only attracts Casuals and core. As for sales, no matter what sony does it won't best the wii. The wii just has more mainstream appeal. It targets 3 separate demographics, probably even more, while the ps3 only targets 1
Can you give me proof it wont?

I'm afraid an Add-On wouldn't have the same effect as a standard controller. Also the Wii also has many more casual and non gamer targetted games, and a cheaper price.

The picture is suppose to represent something.That something is anything the Wii is capable of doing, theps3 is capable of doing. Games, its very easy to port a Wii game to the ps3, but its not as easy to port a ps3 game to the wii."Anything is possible."

Really? Tell me how you will be playing boom blox on the PS3?

Little big planet... How will you play movies on the wii?

That LBP part doesn't make sense. You said that Wii games could be ported to the ps3, but obviously unless the ps3 gets a Wiimote Boom Blox cannot be ported. As for movies, I could always mod my wii, but I thought you said its about the games?

Boom Blox was a failure...Its like sony giving Nintendo Haze. Btw tell me when you mod your wii so I can see itplay blue ray movies or any sort of movie for the fact. "Unless the ps3 gets a Wiimote Boom Blox cannot be ported"yea thats a lot easier then Wii getting a Blueray player. Ps3 mote will eventually happen and you cant face it, which would make all this wii games portable.

"no matter what sony does it won't best the wii"

Answer the question will you. How do you know this?

http://www.consolemonster.com/newspost.php?id=0000003812

Name of the article.

"Boom Blox Surprise Success"

EA likely made a pretty penny on it. VS the crippling blow to profits Haze likely was.

Pretty all the games hailed as "unsuccesful" were deemed big successes that brought in high profits though.

Obliterator1700 said:
sc94597 said:
Obliterator1700 said:

The analysts were predicting that and they have been proven wrong at least 96% of the time.

What? Last I checked, gameplay doesn't really determine how much storage can be used. That is mostly music and graphics.

Movie audience

How would you know this? They might suddenly decided to pick up a game. Your first part of you sentence, your answer to your question is yes people would but a gaming console for Blue ray...

If they really wanted a Blu-Ray Movie Player, why wouldn't they get a cheaper standalone player?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Obliterator1700 said:
sc94597 said:
Obliterator1700 said:

@dtewi

When did I say this?

@SC

Movie audience

1 That is different because that heppended when the new generation came. The chances of the ps3 outselling the wii si about the same as the gamecube outselling the ps2 when you look at sales 2 years into their lives.

2 The disc space isn't a problem for wii games because they are in SD which means less space is needed, Also some of my favorite stories come from 4mb snes cartridges. As for gameplay, you still have to tell me that.

3 Yes, but the chances are very slim, and I wouldn't use people interested in Hi Def video as a demographic of gaming. Not unless these demographics overlap which means very little people. Why hasn't blu-ray helped it yet already if that was the case?

@sc94597

I agree with almost all of the above, but I would guess (just guess) that Blu Ray is helping the PS3. To me the jury is still out on whether the Cell was a successful risk, but Blu Ray has already helped Sony's media side and I think it is now helping their gaming division.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

I'm hoping for ps3 i want more pixels galore games the action xD, why not 360?