By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why you should buy a DS. 56k Warning.

I couldn't really bother to see all of those titles but nevertheless Chrono Trigger was the only interesting one. Basically remove all JRPGs, random Japanese games, Sonic, Mario etc. and tell me what's left. Oh, and one basic rule (which does have exceptions though) is removing remakes. And I'm not very interested in the 80s' games either, or their sequels for that matter, so...

Yeah, not much to interest me, and even less reason to get it with Nintendo's current attitude with Wii. Plus, I don't want to pay that much for a DS.

And in case I seem biased or something, there are, in general, rather few games that interest me, compared to my fellow VGChartz users, on all platforms.

Around the Network

Thanks for that great list. I really think I'm gonna buy a ds... just another thing : make a list of sports game PLEASE.

Zkuq said:
I couldn't really bother to see all of those titles but nevertheless Chrono Trigger was the only interesting one. Basically remove all JRPGs, random Japanese games, Sonic, Mario etc. and tell me what's left. Oh, and one basic rule (which does have exceptions though) is removing remakes. And I'm not very interested in the 80s' games either, or their sequels for that matter, so...

Yeah, not much to interest me, and even less reason to get it with Nintendo's current attitude with Wii. Plus, I don't want to pay that much for a DS.

And in case I seem biased or something, there are, in general, rather few games that interest me, compared to my fellow VGChartz users, on all platforms.

So the one game that interests you is one of those random japanese rpgs from the early 90s :/

which also happens to be a remake

Twilightman on Gametrailers

Please add both Luminous Arc and Knights in the Nightmare. Both deserve love :(

great list ^^. I don't liked Elite beat agents, I imported Ouendan 1 and 2 (is Elite beat agents, with japanese songs), man... is better than Elite beat agents, and more hard =P.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooSkOlBm3ww
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU8kpJveI6A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gglK2TdoULE

ah, I have a list with 200+ DS games xD, but I don't think that I would do better thant what you did here.

Around the Network
xcot said:
Zkuq said:

So the one game that interests you is one of those random japanese rpgs from the early 90s :/

which also happens to be a remake

There are plenty of good JRPGs on other platforms; I won't need a DS for that. Besides, I'd like something else too. And about Chrono Trigger, I said there could be exceptions, especially with a game that's said to be so great and hasn't been released here ever before.

Oh, and about this thread - a good list but the title annoys be a bit. It sounds a bit too much like a fact.

Zkuq said:

Oh, and about this thread - a good list but the title annoys be a bit. It sounds a bit too much like a fact.

But it undoubtedly is!

christ that was one long list o.o

As the owner of a DSi, I question many of the games put on this list.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Who the heck would want to play that many RPGs. Ugh...

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X