By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF Versus XIII confirmed as worldwide PS3 exclusive.

its probably nomura not wanting to go multiplatform
all their games are sony
except the world end with you that was a new ip.

Around the Network
Zuhyc said:
It's exclusive until MS decides they need it multiplatform.

LOL

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

hah! I believe that when it's 2017 (end of teh PS3's ten-year-lifecycle.....) and it has still only been released on the PS3....

Respect for SE = -∞

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Nothing new here.

fayewong said:

why must 360 owners believe they can have everything they want? You can't buy everything you want or say "oh this will come to 360 anyways". and if 360 owners can have Star Ocean 4, why can't Ps3 owners have their own exclusive game?

I'm fairly certain that Star Ocean will see a PS3 exclusive at some point. You see, Star Ocean 4 is also a "worldwide exclusive" for the 360. "Worldwide" means "timed."

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
JiaJia said:

@ Zenfoldor

No, there are just clearing up the fact that it isn't a exclusive FF13 style ... where it is exclusive only in Japan. Versus 13 is a worldwide PS3 exclusive and will remain that way. Their statement didn't imply anything.

That statement doesn't imply that it "will remain that way" you're just "hoping" that.

However, "worldwide" is an indication of which countries the game will debut in, indicating that it will have appearances after the debut. imo

I'd love to get any new game on my 360, but I'm not hyped about Verses just yet, so I don't really care, but I know buzzwords when I see them, and "worldwide" is suspicious.

Don't get me wrong, verbage doesn't prove anything, but I'd go 10 to 1 that this game is a timed exclusive based mostly on what I hear and more importantly what I don't hear, in this announcement.

I'm not making an absolute prediction, mind you, just an educated guess.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say it is a Timed Exclusive for the PS3

However, since Versus is Nomura's project, I think he has enough clout to keep it on the PS3. It seems with each passing year that Nomura gains more power and can do whatever the %&$! he wants. It seems like this most recent Square Enix Party was the performance of "Tetsuya Nomura Starship featuring The Square Enix Experience"

Maybe SE is thinking that by the time Versus comes out, FFXIII will have already hit and the PS3 will have seen increased sales Worldwide (especially Japan). As well as other games like WKC and GT5 helping drive overall PS3 sales, thus making the port to the 360 less needed. Or simply, maybe a port to the 360 at a later date will depend on how well Versus sells.

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
Well, this is true until MS buys it.

It doesn't appear that MS bought FFXIII.  It seems to have been a business decision alone.  The only rumour is that MS paid the exit fee for a possible exclusivity contract with Sony for SE.  Even then, it must have been in SE's best interests financially to have the game on two platforms than to accept whatever Sony was offering.

If MS had paid for exclusivity, why would it not include Japan where they are finally making some headway?

Looking over my post, I don't recall saying that MS bought it (FFXIII).

Do you see in my post where I said that?

Oh I think there was a fairly clear implication...........

There was an implication that MS buys games, which is true, but I didn't say anything about FFXIII.  MS has bought numerous other games, too many to mention, so it's not beyond them.

I didn't say Final Fantasy XIII, cause if I meant that, I would have said "... like Final Fantasy XIII".

Zuhyc said:
It's exclusive until MS decides they need it multiplatform.

This gave me a good laugh.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Its probably been said before but if the game was really exclusive. Square Enix would have said "FFvsXIII is a PS3 exclusive." They said it a PS3 worlwide exclusive. FFXIII is a worldwise exclusive because you can get the game exclusively worldwide on the PS3, where as you can only get the 360 version in Europe and the US. Square Enix just left themselves an out because they said FFXIII was PS3 exclusive and that turned out to be false.