By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Successor under development.

fazz said:
Today at Nintendo's R&D office...

"Ok team, Shigsy told us to start developing Wii's succesor, what we got to work?"

"We have two Wii's, duct tape and scissors"

"Good, let's get to work!"

lol... dats really funny. lol

Around the Network

yea, and i bet the 720 and PS4 r already in development.

they worked on the wii right after the gamecube launched so this is not a surprise

fazz said:
Today at Nintendo's R&D office...

"Ok team, Shigsy told us to start developing Wii's succesor, what we got to work?"

"We have two Wii's, duct tape and scissors"

"Good, let's get to work!"

lol

Hey, come on, Iwata said they wanted to go beyond the expectation... duck tape 2 wiis would just live up the expectation...so they will duck tape 3 this time...and have 12 ports of GC pads xD

lol

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

famousringo said:
Of course it is. Did you think that when the Wii was released, Nintendo fired all of its engineers?

"See you guys in five years. No hard feelings."

Hahahahahaha that was funny.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

Around the Network
RockSmith372 said:
they worked on the wii right after the gamecube launched so this is not a surprise

Yeah but they didnt reveal that until later on the generation. Its not early to work on new hardware but it is early to reveal it.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

HappySqurriel said:

(...)

Sony's (insane) early discussions about it was that the combination of high speed internet and highly parallel code would enable users to take advantage of the idle cycles of other PS3 owners consoles to produce amazing effects in game; the term Cell was used because it was supposed to represent a single cell in an organism.

Please tell me you're joking...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Big deal--Microsoft started R&D on their next system days after the 360 launched. That's how our industry works.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Im not too suprised, wii was in development once the gamecube launched so its nothing special and plus we probably wont see this new system at in least five years or until the wii starts to dwindle (which i think wont happen for a long time).

this was fast.