By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Successor under development.

Rock_on_2008 said:
4 years time the new Nintendo console could be launched. A new console from the three companies could all launch in the same year, 2012.

I doubt that. MS benefitted a great deal by launching a year early, allowing it to overcome its hardware issue. Essentially the extra year gave it 3 years of better holiday sales - 1st year no competition, 2nd year free of supply constraints, 3rd year vastly superior and (at the time) exclusive library. Had the 360 launched WITH the PS3, odds are it would be in a much weaker position now, and they know it.

Nintendo is also unlikely to wait a full six years to launch a new Wii. At the very least an upgraded Wii model (if not a full blown new console) will appear before then.

Around the Network

only now?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Pristine20 said:
viewtiful_jon said:
Yeah I presume all the companys are working on there new hardware, cant leave it til the last minute or you will end up with something kinda lame and no time for 3rd partys to make launch games.

Not necessarily. R & D costs $$$. Nintendo has that luxury and maybe M$ (if it doesn't come from the gaming division alone) but certainly not sony

I would think the big money when designing a new console starts when they have to design and purchase chipsets etc.

Nintendo are not at that stage yet, the article is rather vague but as he says he doesn't even know what direction they are going in (which basically means they haven't done anything regarding the new console except lots of thinking)

kirby007 said:
only now?

Shouldn't you be banned for exploiting the username colours.

No surprise...they can't start working on the next console 3 months before launch xD

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Around the Network

Makes sense, Wii needs an upgrade the most.

Not dishing Nintendo or anything, but imagine how cool Wii would be with graphics comparable to XBox 360 or PS3.

Pristine20 said:
viewtiful_jon said:
Yeah I presume all the companys are working on there new hardware, cant leave it til the last minute or you will end up with something kinda lame and no time for 3rd partys to make launch games.

Not necessarily. R & D costs $$$. Nintendo has that luxury and maybe M$ (if it doesn't come from the gaming division alone) but certainly not sony

LOL thats funny LOL

Today at Nintendo's R&D office...

"Ok team, Shigsy told us to start developing Wii's succesor, what we got to work?"

"We have two Wii's, duct tape and scissors"

"Good, let's get to work!"

I can't believe everyone didn't know this.

=O

famousringo said:
Of course it is. Did you think that when the Wii was released, Nintendo fired all of its engineers?

"See you guys in five years. No hard feelings."

lol... dats funny.