By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie should stop making Halo games!

Bungie should stop making Halo games, don't get me wrong I love Halo 2 and 3. But they should let  the Halo game rest in peace, we've all finished the fight and it's time for Bungie to make a new IP, instead of making so many Halo games, focus on a new game is what they should do, they have so much creative talent at Bungie, that im pretty sure they could come up with a Big Franchise that could rival Halo.

With Halo Wars coming soon will it be any different from Halo 3, or is just another way to make a load money quick? I don't know what do you think?

Discuss Profesionally!! Loll

Around the Network

They should try a new genre. Wouldn't hurt to see what Bungie could do outside of shooters

Nintendo should just rest Mario, zelda, metroid, and other of there Ips RIP...

Please its M$ Mascot so your going to see alot of halos in the next few years

They have 3 projects running. I doubt, that all 3 of them are Halo games

You're dead on. Despite being an RTS, and despite being made by a completely different studio, Halo Wars is going to be exactly like Halo 3. Stupid Bungie!

Around the Network

nah....i want mario and zelda to die....
replace them with a YOSHI game ! ! ! ! ! !

Mario and Mega Man need to retire before the Master Chief does.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Mario and Mega Man need to retire before the Master Chief does.

Mario games are still fun.  Mega Man needs to die because his games suck

Halo is a fantastic franchise. Why discard something that works so well. Ironically in your great respect your basically saying that a thousand year old stained glass window should be shattered, because your curious about what else could be placed there.

The reality is that Bungie has refined a craft. Just watch any documentary of the creation process behind Halo 3, and stand in awe. They implicitly understand things about FPS game design that most developers could not even fathom. With each iteration their design philosophy has been refined even further. They are nowhere near the end of the line.

When someone does something flawlessly it is almost a crime to have them do something else. Do you ask a painter to become a short order cook. Do you ask a architect to become an astronomer. When someone is at the apex at their art you want to see them continue to push that envelope.

Yes if something is stagnating there does need to be a change, but the Halo franchise is not stagnating. The way that some longer running series have stagnated. Every incarnation of Halo has pushed the design to even better heights.

For instance in Halo 3 ideas like the man cannon, the forge, the video replay, and the rocket pod. All show that Bungie is far from running empty on good novel ideas. I hope Halo 4 brings much of the same. No Bungie can still deliver an even better experience.

It's called milking.

Sales predictions end of 08' (2008-7-27)

• PS3: 20. million
  • X360: 23. million
  • WII: 40. million        

PS3 to surpass X360 WW sales by Q2 2009