By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Red Alert!!! - PS3 'very exotic and tough to develop for'

Lafiel said:
NJ5 said:

I think you must be mixing me up with someone else

maybe, but I'm pretty sure I read quite a lot of them from you aswell (although greyacumen and weezy are far worse offenders)

I will pay attention to that, since it's not something good. I still think I don't do it often though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Seriously.

It's an RTS. On a console.

Is this even going to turn out good?

I remember when AITD was delayed for PS3 everyone was all zOMG, but then the game turned out to be shit, and no one cared.

I'm not saying that C & C sucks, but C & C (or any RTS for that matter) on consoles does suck.

FJ-Warez said:
Jordahn said:

Again, it doesn't matter who's reporting the facts as long as it's fact.  If you want to "LOL" at "On a decent 720p TV Soul Calibur IV is one of the best looking games on the PS3, and for once better looking than the 360 version" because this is a PlayStation site, you have to "LOL" at two points 1) the PS3 version of SCIV is better looking than the 360 version and 2) the same source reported that there have been better looking 360 version games as well.  What's where the cherry-picking comes from.  Which is incorrect/bias?  the claim that the PS3 version is visually better or the claim that ther have been better loking 360 games, both points from the exact same source?  See???  But we'll just have to agree to disagree.  :)

It matter, if we have more reports of the game been better on the PS3 great, but you choosed to post one magazine who clearly supports the console which btw they choosed as the best looking of both... they can admit that in the past the 360 version looked better, but that doesn´t made their last statment true...

I know for a FACT that there have been BOTH better looking PS3 AND 360 games.  So with that unbiased reasoning, Play's claim sounds valid.  But again, we just have to agree to disagree.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

DMeisterJ said:
Seriously.

It's an RTS. On a console.

Is this even going to turn out good?

I remember when AITD was delayed for PS3 everyone was all zOMG, but then the game turned out to be shit, and no one cared.

I'm not saying that C & C sucks, but C & C (or any RTS for that matter) on consoles does suck.

I didnt think the original C and C on the psone was that bad....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Twesterm - A lot of people predict that the PS3 will be selling a lot more software than the 360 WW which at least to some extent will shift development towards the PS3......it would make sense for sony to have more resources and education so that developers can make sense out of the PS3 game devel. Do you know if Sony has done significantly more of this lately, say in the past 9 months or so or is it just more of the same?

Around the Network
dallas said:
Twesterm - A lot of people predict that the PS3 will be selling a lot more software than the 360 WW which at least to some extent will shift development towards the PS3......it would make sense for sony to have more resources and education so that developers can make sense out of the PS3 game devel. Do you know if Sony has done significantly more of this lately, say in the past 9 months or so or is it just more of the same?

Why are you asking me?  I'm not much of a sales person.  >_>

I'm mainly just popping in to make sure people aren't ready to kill each other.

twesterm said:
dallas said:

But I thought that you worked w/ development and such, and if so I thought that you would know whether/if sony has been doing more to support that. 

And yeah, I realize the practical function of you being here but at least consider the humor value of two nerds arguing with each other

epinefridis said:
ocnkng said:
disolitude said:
docholliday said:
Honestly every topic i've seen this guy make has been sometype of stab at sony, I think he spends more time on sony forums making these type of posts than he does on MS lol.

And you've been here for 42 posts so you have the right to make claims like these...give me a break. 

You think there are separate rights that a user has based upon how many number of posts he/she has made?

Is this the way this site works..I'll be curious to know.

And are you the one who is laying out this set of laws?

I don't think that was disolitude's point. I'm a low poster myself, and yeah, I'had been following the site long before I sign up, BUT, I 'm still careful and aware of who I'm gonna bash and attack. The number of the posts is the most objective yet superficial way for someone to picture how well a user knows the site and its users. There are users who piss me off ALL the time, but I respect the fact that they spend hours and hours more in this site, and the mods tolerate them. So, what exactly is my authority so I can judge them? And furthermore, when their comments or threads have a point and are rational like gebx's. I mean, come on, he states the obvious!

To the console RTS haters. Come on guys... You never tried it, did you? C&C3 and Kanes Wrath are almost masterpieces in their field and the 360 versions, are what a RTS lover with a crappy PC would have dreamed of...

Thanks for responding intelligently to the post. I don't agree with you though. This was not about gauging how well a user knows the site or the content of it. It was about discounting someone's opinion based upon the number of posts he/she had made. If you disagree with someone you should spell out your argument and not try to win your point using some unrelated parameter.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

dallas said:
twesterm said:
dallas said:

But I thought that you worked w/ development and such, and if so I thought that you would know whether/if sony has been doing more to support that. 

And yeah, I realize the practical function of you being here but at least consider the humor value of two nerds arguing with each other

To a level designer it doesn't matter much what you work on.  I talk to the engine and the engine talks to the PS3 so I have no clue how hard or easy it is.  I know our engine does it well because it was made for the PS3 first but beyond that I can't say much with authority because I've just never worked on that stuff.

huh alright