By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Red Alert!!! - PS3 'very exotic and tough to develop for'

Seems to me EA made the proper choice. The game was probably designed for the PC from the ground up and converting a PC centric engine to the PS3 is not easy. It's easier to port one to the Xbox 360, albeit with the usual loss of graphics fidelity (not that I really note such things at the distance I'm sitting from my HDTV).

I'd rather that they didn't release anything over a half-baked port any day.

Besides... It should be rather clear by now that the PS3, while not always easy to develop for, can host stunning games. All in all, it's a bit of a non-issue for me.

Around the Network
Jordahn said:
Burgles said:
Jordahn said:
This news goes to show that those who have a decent handle on PS3 development have been able to develop visually higher quality games (such as the recent Soul Calibur IV) than it's multi-platform counterpart. And being and "exotic" system to develop for implies the potential of the console itself for the long run. Maybe the "10 year" lifespan of the PS3 might have more validity.

No it doesn't, where's your reasoning for saying that?

Basides, in an RTS the CPU is the main problem and I believe the way in which an RTS does stuff is going to be much more complicated to get going smoothly (lots of different AI stuff happening at the same time) on the PS3 due to the way it handles stuff...

Have a look on Wikipedia on the "Cell" and you'll find out a lot :)

"On a decent 720p TV Soul Calibur IV is one of the best looking games on the PS3, and for once better looking than the 360 version, and is the ideal thing to put on when a mate pops round."

http://www.play-mag.co.uk/ps3/games/soul_calibur_iv/soul_calibur_iv.html

"This site is brought to by; PLAY - The UK's longest running PlayStation Magazine "

LOL...

BTW

"And being and "exotic" system to develop for implies the potential of the console itself for the long run. Maybe the "10 year" lifespan of the PS3 might have more validity."

Thats not true, that only says is a not-so-common and hard system to develop for...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
ocnkng said:
disolitude said:
docholliday said:
Honestly every topic i've seen this guy make has been sometype of stab at sony, I think he spends more time on sony forums making these type of posts than he does on MS lol.

And you've been here for 42 posts so you have the right to make claims like these...give me a break. 

You think there are separate rights that a user has based upon how many number of posts he/she has made?

Is this the way this site works..I'll be curious to know.

And are you the one who is laying out this set of laws?

I don't think that was disolitude's point. I'm a low poster myself, and yeah, I'had been following the site long before I sign up, BUT, I 'm still careful and aware of who I'm gonna bash and attack. The number of the posts is the most objective yet superficial way for someone to picture how well a user knows the site and its users. There are users who piss me off ALL the time, but I respect the fact that they spend hours and hours more in this site, and the mods tolerate them. So, what exactly is my authority so I can judge them? And furthermore, when their comments or threads have a point and are rational like gebx's. I mean, come on, he states the obvious!

To the console RTS haters. Come on guys... You never tried it, did you? C&C3 and Kanes Wrath are almost masterpieces in their field and the 360 versions, are what a RTS lover with a crappy PC would have dreamed of...

So let me sum up. Most PS3 fans reacted in one or more of the following ways:

1- Attacking gebx.
2- Acting as if this is a compliment to the PS3.
3- Acting as if developers are to blame for the PS3 being a hard architecture.

Geez, this thread went down the crapper really fast.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

There are a lot of baseless anti-Sony or anti-PS3 threads made and justly complained about. But you lose credibility in complaining about those when you overreact in harmless threads as many have done here. Frankly I find it interesting to know why we are being denied a version of this game.

The answer seems to be that EALA is incapable of developing on PS3 by their own admission, which suggests they are a developer of weak pedigree.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

1- Attacking gebx.

Do you remember the "PS3 is a monster machine" thread???

"We started to work on Metal Gear Solid 4 four years ago, after finishing Metal Gear Solid 3," said Kojima-san. "At that time we really didn't know what the PS3 was going to be like, so the first two years was all about experimenting, developing and trial and error."

"In the last two years, we've known what the PS3 is capable of, the specifications of it and how we can utilise it," he continued. "PS3 is a monster machine. That's why it took so much time to create Metal Gear Solid 4."

By me:

@ FJ-Warez

More cherry picking, I see...  Let's not forget this phrase "and for once better looking than the 360 version" so a PlayStation mag has regconized that there have been better looking 360 multi-platform games. And when the truth is the truth, it doesn't matter who's reporting it, validating my point even further.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

FJ-Warez said:
NJ5 said:

1- Attacking gebx.

Do you remember the "PS3 is a monster machine" thread???

"We started to work on Metal Gear Solid 4 four years ago, after finishing Metal Gear Solid 3," said Kojima-san. "At that time we really didn't know what the PS3 was going to be like, so the first two years was all about experimenting, developing and trial and error."

"In the last two years, we've known what the PS3 is capable of, the specifications of it and how we can utilise it," he continued. "PS3 is a monster machine. That's why it took so much time to create Metal Gear Solid 4."

That one was also great. Actually that one was even better, since the criticism was much more disguised.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

1- Attacking gebx.

What the hell did you think would happen?

"Damn, talk about breaking news, I had no idea the PS3 was hard to develop for! I guess that means less games/more delays for me. My PS3 is going straight up on ebay!"

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

More cherry picking, I see...  Let's not forget this phrase "and for once better looking than the 360 version" so a PlayStation mag has regconized that there have been better looking 360 multi-platform games. And when the truth is the truth, it doesn't matter who's reporting it, validating my point even further.
Jordahn said:

@ FJ-Warez

Lol, your only way to try to save your poor argument is this??? Choosing a PS mag... keep bring it on the truth about the PS come on...

By me: