By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Red Alert!!! - PS3 'very exotic and tough to develop for'

Fact is fact.  Even your most diehard fanboy of any console can be correct as long as facts are being reported.  Nothing hard to understand here.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network
Gobias said:
NJ5 said:
So let me sum up. Most PS3 fans reacted in one or more of the following ways:

1- Attacking gebx.
2- Acting as if this is a compliment to the PS3.
3- Acting as if developers are to blame for the PS3 being a hard architecture.

Geez, this thread went down the crapper really fast.

What the hell did you think would happen?

"Damn, talk about breaking news, I had no idea the PS3 was hard to develop for! I guess that means less games/more delays for me. My PS3 is going straight up on ebay!"

You're acting like there's nothing important to discuss here. EA gave the reason for there being no Red Alert for PS3, but said they might do something about it later. They even went as far as explaining the story behind the situation.

In any case, the thread shouldn't have gone down the crapper the way it did. PS3 fans are ultra defensive lately.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Jordahn said:

Fact is fact.  Even your most diehard fanboy of any console can be correct as long as facts are being reported.  Nothing hard to understand here.

Well, lets go back to your own words...

"Jordahn said:
This news goes to show that those who have a decent handle on PS3 development have been able to develop visually higher quality games (such as the recent Soul Calibur IV) than it's multi-platform counterpart. And being and "exotic" system to develop for implies the potential of the console itself for the long run. Maybe the "10 year" lifespan of the PS3 might have more validity."

Then:

"Jordahn said:

Exotic (adjective) = alien, alluring, different, elaborate, enticing, fantastic, foreign, kinky, mysterious, outlandish, romatic, strange, striking, unusual."

Where, in the definition of exotic, implies that the subject in case hide a mysterious, romantic, fantastic potential???

Nowhere, still you love to think that, for some reason, the PS3 is showing off its potential give to some devs a hard time...

How could the console be used at full if the devs are not willing to work with it because is "exotic"??

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Let's get one thing straight here. The PS3 isn't the first exotic console (with its asymmetric CPU architecture). The PS2 was also pretty exotic, and I'm sure there are other examples.

The difference is that the PS2 was so successful that many developers worked hard with it until they got great performance. Some developers are also doing it with the PS3, attaining results close to what 360 developers get for less effort. However, don't expect all developers to do it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Gobias said:
NJ5 said:

1- Attacking gebx.

"Damn, talk about breaking news, I had no idea the PS3 was hard to develop for! I guess that means less games/more delays for me. My PS3 is going straight up on ebay!"

You're acting like there's nothing important to discuss here. EA gave the reason for there being no Red Alert for PS3, but said they might do something about it later. They even went as far as explaining the story behind the situation.

In any case, the thread shouldn't have gone down the crapper the way it did. PS3 fans are ultra defensive lately.

Oh yeah? Well console x fans are ultra offensive lately!

What a pointless generalization.

There is nothing important to discuss here, at least that was not the intention of Gebx, he knows why he posted this and that was to get a rise out of people. It's old news, simple as that.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Around the Network
Gobias said:
NJ5 said:
Gobias said:
NJ5 said:

1- Attacking gebx.

Oh yeah? Well console x fans are ultra offensive lately!

What a pointless generalization.

There is nothing important to discuss here, at least that was not the intention of Gebx, he knows why he posted this and that was to get a rise out of people. It's old news, simple as that.

Agreed

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

NJ5 said:

Let's get one thing straight here. The PS3 isn't the first exotic console (with its asymmetric CPU architecture). The PS2 was also pretty exotic, and I'm sure there are other examples.

The difference is that the PS2 was so successful that many developers worked hard with it until they got great performance. Some developers are also doing it with the PS3, attaining results close to what 360 developers get for less effort. However, don't expect all developers to do it.

Agree, so far I doubt that many devs are going to explore at full the hidden potential of the PS3, for one simple reason, it doesn´t worth it... is better to have the same performance between the two HD consoles with similar cost rather than push one hard to develop console in order to gain more performance...when the console is not the clear winner...

Capcom

SE

Ubisoft

Epic

T2

Looks like they love the "multiplat" bandwagon with similar levels of performance...

By me:

ehh every one knows PS3 is hard to develop for, this ain't no revelation bud just another troll thread.

by the way wtf is red alert.

this guy is a troll and should be banned

megaman2 said:
this guy is a troll and should be banned

For posting bad news about the PS3?? Yeah I agree, lets ban the guys who posted bad news about any console too...

Or, if you are talking about Hus, I really agree..

By me: