By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How does the PS3 remain as the only unhacked system? And for how long?

BottledSpringWater is right but i have a question those playing the XBOX360 pirated games are they get banned from XBL?

FINAL FANTASY VIII THE GREATEST GAME EVER

Around the Network
hasanraza said:
BottledSpringWater is right but i have a question those playing the XBOX360 pirated games are they get banned from XBL?

yes, if they get caught. and they usually do. but i believe now, there is such a thing as a stealth mod and is supposedly undetectable.

I thought it had been hacked as well, though piracy on the home consoles is nowhere near as bad as stuff like the PSP

I personally hate piracy. It just makes the rest of us suffer because we have to pay more. Damn pirates

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
I personally hate piracy. It just makes the rest of us suffer because we have to pay more. Damn pirates

No, it makes poor people enjoy something that would otherwise have been impossible, you try paying 100 dollars for a game when your income is 400 dollars, you either literally don’t pay your taxes or don't feed your children so you can play games, or you pirate..

The paradox for me here is that I'm working my way towards becoming a game designer, but that would have been impossible if I didn't pirate, thanks to piracy Ive managed to play all the great classics from NES to PS2, and now have plenty of expericne with all genres, compared to some of my team mates, who haven't pirated much and are now almost crippled game culture wise.

Around the Network

I really like that the PS3 is "unhacked", it means everyone is in the same boat gaming wise. and so the userbase doesn't become split into groups. People who pirate, people who want to pay for their games and the people who have no clue about #1 and #2.

There are too many gates that have to be passed, if you want to hack your PS3. You have to chip your console, get a BD burner, get clean BD disks, and be able to move huge quantities of data.

A big plus for Sony, towards publishers.

And even if hackers manage to pass all their gates, Sony still has a secret weapon:
Every HDtv set has a piece of hardware that checks the source of what comes through the HDMI port. They don't use it now, but IF pirates hack the PS3, they will. So if you play a non-original game through HDMI, your HDtv will say: "you're not coming in through here". So you'll have to chip your TV also.

And believe me, few people will do that.

So in the end, Sony vs Pirates: 1 - 0

(and it's also one of the big reason the film industry will start to push BD a lot more when the holiday season starts.

If the PSP hasn't been hacked so badly I believe games would have done a lot better on it, and I think Sony took a lot of effort to make sure that the same didn't happen again.
I'm not sure if I'd want to hax the PS3 anyway, with firmware I imagen they could early block any hacked PS3's

Why are so many people ignoring what has already been posted in the thread? The PS3 has apparently been hacked to allow playing games from the HD. That means you can rent/borrow a game and then play it forever... Get a big hard drive and you can pirate a lot of games.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I love certain people claim PS3 is hacked and can play games via harddrive. and yet to fail to supply a link.

I wonder to myself. How could xbox fans such as NJ5 or vaio know about this. while a PS3 owner such as myself being completely 'out of loop'

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)