By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The best next-gen gaming system is also the most expensive. FACT!

Congradulations

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah, I can't vouch for the PC when it comes to JRPGs. I'm glad I hate JRPGS with a passion hehe. I wouldn't call myself impatient...but I just get so freaking bored with almost every turn-based RPG I play...especially if it's set in the typical magical fantasy world like every FF game is.

Yeah I definitely understand people that don't enjoy JRPG's, just saying that that is one area where PC definitely falters. Kinda like RTS's on consoles.

BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah, I can't vouch for the PC when it comes to JRPGs. I'm glad I hate JRPGS with a passion hehe. I wouldn't call myself impatient...but I just get so freaking bored with almost every turn-based RPG I play...especially if it's set in the typical magical fantasy world like every FF game is.

There were final fantasy games on PC and a VAST amount of jrpgs that finds its way there. In fact I was introduced to the genre when I played final fantasy VII on a PC.

One of the most fun thing about the PC is that I can have a choice. I have a dual shock style controller attached to my PC so that I can play devil may cry 4. I have my key board and mouse so that I can play the C&C games perfectly and I have a steering wheel so that I can mess around with the driving games :)

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

There are next gen gaming systems available now?

Oh, you mean current gen...

Yeah PC is great, too bad a good graphics card, CPU, and MB are more money than most people can afford... and people like playing together in front of the TV.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Shoestar said:
BenKenobi88 said:
You don't need anywhere near $2000 to build a good gaming PC.

Mine's under $1000 and it plays Crysis pretty well.

And of course PCs are useful for MUCH more than a gaming console could be.

yes... you can have a fairly good PC at $1000... but I'm talking state of the art (not overly expensive though) :)

state of the art that is going to be oudated in 6 months or 3 months... gotta luv Moore Law.

Around the Network
steven787 said:
There are next gen gaming systems available now?

Oh, you mean current gen...

Yeah PC is great, too bad a good graphics card, CPU, and MB are more money than most people can afford... and people like playing together in front of the TV.

Current gen Graphic cards allow people to plug directly to the TV. Hence, if someone really wanted it, they could just aswell play infront of their tv. I know a great many people that have a home theater PC which is prettymuch putting a PC in your living room that acts as an entertainment hub to play movies, music etc.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

llewdebkram said:
I've looked and looked for Nintendo games on the PC but my local video game store doesn't seem to stock them.

Mines doesn't either

the main purpose of the pc is not gaming...

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Soleron said:

It doesn't play a single Nintendo game. Major Nintendo games are consistently rated among the best games of all time. A Wii is therefore needed to play many of the best games ever (through GC backwards compatibilty and VC too). If there were no consoles, only PCs, then you would miss out on the chance to do so.

Therefore your statement is not a FACT. It is an OPINION, which means other people can disagree.

actually a snes would do just as well... Super Mario Bros 3. hohohoho¨

ps3 still takes the crown... why ? it has t3h cellz :p

Check out my game about moles ^

Leni said:
the main purpose of the pc is not gaming...

yet PC is the best gaming platform, with more and better games than any other.