By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The best next-gen gaming system is also the most expensive. FACT!

ameratsu said:
Soleron said:

It doesn't play a single Nintendo game. Major Nintendo games are consistently rated among the best games of all time. A Wii is therefore needed to play many of the best games ever (through GC backwards compatibilty and VC too). If there were no consoles, only PCs, then you would miss out on the chance to do so.

Therefore your statement is not a FACT. It is an OPINION, which means other people can disagree.

assuming you put that much stock into reviews (which is a tad foolish) you can still play nintendo games:

on your PC: NES, SNES, N64 & GC games (not sure how well the GC emu runs, though)

on your original xbox: NES, SNES & N64 games

on your PS2: NES, SNES games

on your PSP: NES, SNES, N64 games (not sure how well the n64 emu runs, though)

Also, to add to the list, EnDecrypt for example allows you to play Nintendo DS games like Pokemon diamond USA on your pc.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Shoestar said:
NiKKoM said:
I'm still pointing my Wiimote to my PC but the Character won't move!!!!!
& my girlfriend doesn't like the PC... that's a FACT.. so it's not the best next-gen gaming system.. for me..

I could just as well try to put my Medieval 2 total war DVD into the Wii but not only would it not recognise it... but then, to play the game, u would probably need about 8 gb hdd space for the core game and probably 8 more if I wanted to play the kingdoms expansions. And all that is assuming that the Wii doesn't melt in the process...

oh well... I suppose ur girlfriend wouldn't like the smell of burnt plastic either :) glad that you consider you "next gen wii" console to be the pinacle of technology because it makes cartoony characters move when u shake a stick :)

Still you can't play Super Mario Galaxy on your PC... and that for 2000 dollar...

And you still cannot play world of warcraft, grid, Medieval 2, crysis, UT, CoD etc no matter how many wiis you decide to pile up on eachother. If you are going to play the "games you can't play" card, there are FAR more games you cannot play on the wii than we cannot play on the PC.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Shoestar said:
ameratsu said:
Soleron said:

It doesn't play a single Nintendo game. Major Nintendo games are consistently rated among the best games of all time. A Wii is therefore needed to play many of the best games ever (through GC backwards compatibilty and VC too). If there were no consoles, only PCs, then you would miss out on the chance to do so.

Therefore your statement is not a FACT. It is an OPINION, which means other people can disagree.

assuming you put that much stock into reviews (which is a tad foolish) you can still play nintendo games:

on your PC: NES, SNES, N64 & GC games (not sure how well the GC emu runs, though)

on your original xbox: NES, SNES & N64 games

on your PS2: NES, SNES games

on your PSP: NES, SNES, N64 games (not sure how well the n64 emu runs, though)

Also, to add to the list, EnDecrypt for example allows you to play Nintendo DS games like Pokemon diamond USA on your pc.

Why don't you just say that you think the PC is tha Best because you can play a lot of illegal games on it??

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Let's be serious the best gaming system is the Wii. Where else can you play Wii Sports, Mario Kart, Brawl, Galaxy?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Why do PC fanboys constantly feel the need to post threads about the alleged superiority of their chosen platform?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
Shoestar said:
NiKKoM said:

Still you can't play Super Mario Galaxy on your PC... and that for 2000 dollar...

And you still cannot play world of warcraft, grid, Medieval 2, crysis, UT, CoD etc no matter how many wiis you decide to pile up on eachother. If you are going to play the "games you can't play" card, there are FAR more games you cannot play on the wii than we cannot play on the PC.

You don't get it do you?? Yes for you the PC is tha Best.. for 65 million people NOT!

I use my 4 y/o laptop to browse the internet and edit pictures in Adobe Photoshop... I'm pretty sure the majority of people do the same.

I have been playing a flash game called "dice-wars" recently (found it on Wiicade.com) it's pretty addictive, and you can play from a Wii

Garcian Smith said:
Why do PC fanboys constantly feel the need to post threads about the alleged superiority of their chosen platform?

Because they spended $2000 on it.. and are enoying games as much as the Kid who paid $249 for his Wii..

lol at idiots who believe any one platform has it all. Double lol when they think they have anything to bring to the table in a discussion of the hobby and it's history.

PC doesnt have JRPGs :(