By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The best next-gen gaming system is also the most expensive. FACT!

Soleron said:

It doesn't play a single Nintendo game. Major Nintendo games are consistently rated among the best games of all time. A Wii is therefore needed to play many of the best games ever (through GC backwards compatibilty and VC too). If there were no consoles, only PCs, then you would miss out on the chance to do so.

Therefore your statement is not a FACT. It is an OPINION, which means other people can disagree.

Actually there are emulators that allow you to play a vast majority of Nintendo games.  As well as Sega and Playstation games as well.  And they are free.

Around the Network
Shoestar said:

The best gaming system out the is also the most expensive but in truth for those who really couldn't be bothered about the money, It also has the most games!

Yes... the PC can be built as the best system and while many of the other consoles, even the PS3 sometimes don't allow 1080 resolution, we can have it on quite a few games!

We have the most vast library of games, which includes the MAJORITY of exclusives released for the X-Box 360 for example + we are certain to have the best iteration of games that are multi-platform as most are them are built on a PC first.

We also look forward to games like Crysis Warhead that could probably force a few consoles to melt or really nice rpgs like Diablo or strategy games like starcraft 2. We have the best MMO so far in World of Warcraft. 

So really, I couldn't care less...  I find myself reluctant to shell out $400 for a PS3 while I don't mind building a $2000 Core 2 Quad pc. And really, my next-gen gaming system would eat your little console alive... or dead...

<3

Very common mistake-- just because games are built on PC's does not mean they automatically work on the PC.  The engine must know how to make something the PC can use and not all engines can do that or are even made to do that first.

Also, opinion doesn't equal fact.  Your Pc might be awesome but that doesn't mean I can sit on my couch and play it on my big screen TV.  Personally, I don't like being huddled over looking at even a 21" monitor playing my game when I could be relaxing on my comfy sofa while playing my game on a 40" TV.

twesterm said:
Shoestar said:

The best gaming system out the is also the most expensive but in truth for those who really couldn't be bothered about the money, It also has the most games!

Yes... the PC can be built as the best system and while many of the other consoles, even the PS3 sometimes don't allow 1080 resolution, we can have it on quite a few games!

We have the most vast library of games, which includes the MAJORITY of exclusives released for the X-Box 360 for example + we are certain to have the best iteration of games that are multi-platform as most are them are built on a PC first.

We also look forward to games like Crysis Warhead that could probably force a few consoles to melt or really nice rpgs like Diablo or strategy games like starcraft 2. We have the best MMO so far in World of Warcraft. 

So really, I couldn't care less...  I find myself reluctant to shell out $400 for a PS3 while I don't mind building a $2000 Core 2 Quad pc. And really, my next-gen gaming system would eat your little console alive... or dead...

<3

Very common mistake-- just because games are built on PC's does not mean they automatically work on the PC.  The engine must know how to make something the PC can use and not all engines can do that or are even made to do that first.

Also, opinion doesn't equal fact.  Your Pc might be awesome but that doesn't mean I can sit on my couch and play it on my big screen TV.  Personally, I don't like being huddled over looking at even a 21" monitor playing my game when I could be relaxing on my comfy sofa while playing my game on a 40" TV.

Those problems you speak of do not really matter because of one company...M$.  Their 'bloatware' keeps compatibility issues to a minimum in regards to software.  It is called Legacy Code.

I've looked and looked for Nintendo games on the PC but my local video game store doesn't seem to stock them.

PC gaming and console gaming are definitely different.

I can understand chilling on the couch, grabbing a controller and playing games on a big TV.

I just hope you can also understand leaning back in a very comfy office chair and playing PC games on 22" monitor, which, when sitting that close, probably looks bigger than your big HDTV anyway. It's more like being in the zone while playing the PC instead of chilling on the couch.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
llewdebkram said:
I've looked and looked for Nintendo games on the PC but my local video game store doesn't seem to stock them.

Just look up emulators.  Of course you wouldn't be able to play Wii games, but any of the previous consoles have emulators available.  You might have to go to some shady sites.  Watch out for viruses as well.

llewdebkram said:

My issue with PC gaming is that almost no JRPG's go that route. If you're a JRPG fan a PC is just a hunk of metal you use to find out when JRPG's are coming out.

Yeah, I can't vouch for the PC when it comes to JRPGs. I'm glad I hate JRPGS with a passion hehe. I wouldn't call myself impatient...but I just get so freaking bored with almost every turn-based RPG I play...especially if it's set in the typical magical fantasy world like every FF game is.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Soleron said:

It doesn't play a single Nintendo game. Major Nintendo games are consistently rated among the best games of all time. A Wii is therefore needed to play many of the best games ever (through GC backwards compatibilty and VC too). If there were no consoles, only PCs, then you would miss out on the chance to do so.

Therefore your statement is not a FACT. It is an OPINION, which means other people can disagree.

The PS3 has 5 games with 90+ on meta critic,http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/

The Wii has 5 games with 90+ on metacritic, http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/

The Xbox has 12 games with 90+ on metacritic, http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

The PC has 79 games with 90+ on meacritic(of which over 30 was after 2004), http://www.metacritic.com/games/pc/scores/

An now, it is a FACT because, while u are saying that PC gamers cannot play some wii games, it does also mean that Wii gamers will not be able to play the vast majority of the PC games. This is also true for the Xbox or the PS3.

The PC has the best backward compatibility. Only last week, I played Warcraft I in multiplayer over a lan and that game was about 15 years old.

thus, you fail. Next please.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

But Kwaad proved Wii is the most expensive... now i'm confused.