By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The best next-gen gaming system is also the most expensive. FACT!

The best gaming system out the is also the most expensive but in truth for those who really couldn't be bothered about the money, It also has the most games!

Yes... the PC can be built as the best system and while many of the other consoles, even the PS3 sometimes don't allow 1080 resolution, we can have it on quite a few games!

We have the most vast library of games, which includes the MAJORITY of exclusives released for the X-Box 360 for example + we are certain to have the best iteration of games that are multi-platform as most are them are built on a PC first.

We also look forward to games like Crysis Warhead that could probably force a few consoles to melt or really nice rpgs like Diablo or strategy games like starcraft 2. We have the best MMO so far in World of Warcraft. 

So really, I couldn't care less...  I find myself reluctant to shell out $400 for a PS3 while I don't mind building a $2000 Core 2 Quad pc. And really, my next-gen gaming system would eat your little console alive... or dead...

<3

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Around the Network

Im sorry, the PC doesnt count on vgchartz

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

@stubbs
lol

@OP
this fact sounds distinctly like an opinion.

You don't need anywhere near $2000 to build a good gaming PC.

Mine's under $1000 and it plays Crysis pretty well.

And of course PCs are useful for MUCH more than a gaming console could be.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:

Very true.

The 360 is a very easy way for me to stream content to my home theatre system from my pc and play games that my PC would not be able to play(it is over 2 years old).  Plus I spend 8 hours a day cranking out code and I really do not want to stare at a screen for even more time.  Just personal preference really.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:

I'm sure your not counting the very very nice 21" lcd monitor I included in there :) nor the fact that it's a core 2 quad and a motherboard that suppors the corsairs ddr 3 :) and the graphic cards...

yes... you can have a fairly good PC at $1000... but I'm talking state of the art (not overly expensive though) :)

and no... that is not an opinion. if you can prove me that your console can deliver MORE than on a PC then prove it.

Let's compare the Xbox vs the PC for a very good game called Mass Effect... hmm nvm, there's a link below that shows the comparisons better :)

http://www.videogamer.com/features/article/28-05-2008-425-5.html

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Shoestar said:
BenKenobi88 said:

I'm sure your not counting the very very nice 21" lcd monitor I included in there :) nor the fact that it's a core 2 quad and a motherboard that suppors the corsairs ddr 3 :) and the graphic cards...

yes... you can have a fairly good PC at $1000... but I'm talking state of the art (not overly expensive though) :)

and no... that is not an opinion. if you can prove me that your console can deliver MORE than on a PC then prove it.

Let's compare the Xbox vs the PC for a very good game called Mass Effect... hmm nvm, there's a link below that shows the comparisons better :)

http://www.videogamer.com/features/article/28-05-2008-425-5.html

Who are you talking to with that statement?  No one has made an assertion that a console can do more than a pc.

It doesn't play a single Nintendo game. Major Nintendo games are consistently rated among the best games of all time. A Wii is therefore needed to play many of the best games ever (through GC backwards compatibilty and VC too). If there were no consoles, only PCs, then you would miss out on the chance to do so.

Therefore your statement is not a FACT. It is an OPINION, which means other people can disagree.

Its all preference. I've never played a PC game and don't intend to start now.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I have a Crossfire capable motherboard, an AMD 4400+ dual core processor, 2GB of RAM, a Radeon 3850 graphics card, an HDTV pci card, bluetooth adapter, 500 GB hard drive, 22" LCD monitor (Acer but still good quality) along with the other essentials like a good power supply, dvd-rw drive, kb/m, speakers -

for $850, almost all of it new, the keyboard, mouse, and speakers were used.

It's a good PC. I play almost all my games at nearly maxed or maxed settings other than AA. I played Mass Effect on my PC with completely maxed settings except for AA.

If I wanted to beef up my PC, I could spend maybe $600 on top-notch RAM, a top-notch graphics card, and a very good processor, and I'd still be $500 under your $2000 mark. $2000 is just plain overkill.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )