By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I alone in that I don't think I feel like finishing GTA4?

so finally, GTA4 sucked ???

WTF ???

libellule who never played GTA but think it is weird that the supposed "ZOMG best game ever played ZOMG" is only "meh"

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I stopped at around 86% complete. There was no point in finding all the flying rats and weapons caches. It was a good game, but no where near all the hype.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

I finished the game also, beating both endings. I must say I still think the game is as great as I thought it was from day one. As far as fun goes I had more fun with Saints Row but I think the story was better in GTAIV. I loved both endings because it wasn't the big happy ending that most games try to give you. It seemed real in a sense and that's what I liked about it. Although everyone else doesn't like the realism of the game.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

i bought it day1 but still need to finish it, think ill do it eventually but its not as much value to me as lets say san andreas

like one of the guys say most of the mission feel like been there done that, i've finish it once but after that there is no point to continu playing and i realy don't like the multiplayer on ps3 it's always empty they should have made it like m.a.g it's always better with a lot of people.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

I think the more realistic tone ruined it for me, GTA SA and VC were so out there that you could spend hours amusing yourself by doing driveb-ys on a bicycle or listen to 80's music while running over pedestrians on the beach. That said I've never actually bothered to finish any GTA game but I know I put more than 10 hours into the rest of them.

Oh and no the 360 didn't ruin the game, had it been twice as big it still would have been just as bad, heck the game could have been 10 hours long with a good city around it and I would have enjoyed it much more.

I probably won't finish it. It got less and less fun as time went on.

alucardremixed said:
My friend spoiled the ending for me, so i never bothered finishing it. But to state it as the worst disappointment of the year is harsh, they included online multiplayer with free roam, taking down LCPD cops and beating hookers was fun to do it with a couple of friends. I wouldn't say it was completely perfect, San Andreas is still better in other ways, like taking over turf with AI buddies, the dating was more interactive than IV, FULL charecter customization ( even make him fat! ) the stage was huge, three cities and a countryside ( and Bigfoot ) They didn't dumb it down because of the 360 ( unless you can provide a link where a Rockstar rep says other wise ) they just dumbed it down from San Andreas. If Saints Row makes it better, than i'll be all over it. BTW that IGN review is BS, i say they got paid off, if GTAIV deserves a 10, then San Andreas deserved a 20.

I thought it was blatantly obvious what was going to happen. As soon as I heard Roman was getting married, I knew he would get killed at the wedding. I really hoped he wouldn't because of how cliche that would be, but sure enough....

I had to struggle through the end because of how monotonous the missions were. After all that work I didn't want to just stop playing.

IllegalPaladin said:
marciosmg said:
I played GTA IV to the end. Twice. I wanted to see the two different endings. I also finished it to 100% completion. I love it.

The whole friends calling you is bad, I admit, but sometimes you could have a little fun. I liked the whole realistic tone. I wish they could make 2 kinds of GTA - one like IV and one like San Andreas. Two different styles, but I love them both.

Or they could make it serious and put more of those things that San Andreas great (parachute, for example)

P.S. - I also liked the story. That scene before one of Faustin´s mission that he talks to Faustin´s wife or the scene where he meets his "special someone" are pretty good.

You could have just made a save point before the story splits into the two different endings and then a save for whichever path you chose after the split.

Where is the split?

I finished it once and I am thinking about playing it through again.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

vaio said:
IllegalPaladin said:
marciosmg said:
I played GTA IV to the end. Twice. I wanted to see the two different endings. I also finished it to 100% completion. I love it.

The whole friends calling you is bad, I admit, but sometimes you could have a little fun. I liked the whole realistic tone. I wish they could make 2 kinds of GTA - one like IV and one like San Andreas. Two different styles, but I love them both.

Or they could make it serious and put more of those things that San Andreas great (parachute, for example)

P.S. - I also liked the story. That scene before one of Faustin´s mission that he talks to Faustin´s wife or the scene where he meets his "special someone" are pretty good.

You could have just made a save point before the story splits into the two different endings and then a save for whichever path you chose after the split.

Where is the split?

I finished it once and I am thinking about playing it through again.

It's close to the end, when you choose between "Deal" and "Revenge".