By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I alone in that I don't think I feel like finishing GTA4?

Domicinator said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Dont blame the 360... Blame microsoft for wanting everything...

1.  The above quote is the single most ridiculous thing I've ever read.  Are you saying that Microsoft, which is a company with a viable game console on the market, is supposed to NOT get games just so you don't think they're greedy?  So if you were Microsoft, you would have turned down an opportunity to have GTAIV on your console?  Get a frickin' clue, buddy. 

2.  To the dougsdad guy:  No, concessions are not always made to fit the game on a DVD when they're made for both consoles.  That's probably the SECOND most ridiculous thing I've ever read.  Not every company that makes every game is looking to fill a BluRay disc up with content.  To assume that is to highly overestimate the game industry.

Well lets take a look here on what you said. "The above quote is the single most ridiculous thing I've ever read."It sounds to me like you never do any reading,  because if you did you would know people have opinions. Get that through your head sherlock. Second of all if you dont like the ps3 what are you doing here?A game would be better if they filled a blue ray disc rather then a dvd disc...

Around the Network

GTA IV is better than its predecessors in almost every way. And that is the problem. It's just better. It's not new, amazing, mindboggling or even fresh. It's just better.

It's not a bad game at all, in my opinion. I would have given it a 9 on the traditional game scale. It's great entertainment.

The only thing it lacked was the totally awesome 80's feel of Vice City.

This is invisible text!

I can never get around to beating GTAIV

This was fun initially, great even, but it turns into a grind down the stretch. With all the people calling you constantly and their friendship dropping like a stone if you don't drive them to a bar over and over again it gets tedious. All I wanted to do was build the friendship up once and leave it alone, but every time I start playing to do a mission I get 4 or 5 calls in a row.

It was a great game except that one feature, but that one feature is almost enough to ruin it. I haven't finished GTA4 yet (though I think I'm about 60% through) but I went through MGS4 within 48 hours (would have been sooner but you know, College and RL). I've found I prefer content dense games like MGS4 or Heavenly Sword and Uncharted to sandbox games with lots of tedium to spread out play time. I'll take 10 hours of awesome over 50 hours only 10 of which are great.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

im 35 hours in and must be near the end, yet ive been there for about 2 months. The mission structure is too "endless". I really enjoyed Saints Rows structure where it was essentially 3 (or was it 4) campaigns, 1 for each rival gang. Each had its own ending so to speak.

Dont get me wrong 35 hours of entertainment is great value for £40 but it definitely lacks something.

Civilisation Revolution on the other hand has me hooked.

Around the Network

I think Saints Row 2 will have more what I wanted from GTAIV...Fun...

Saints Row was a pretty solid game and I had more fun from it than GTAIV.

I disagree with the crowd saying that it's everything you'd expect and that's what the problem is. The problem is that it lacks basic things you expect.

I very much enjoyed playing the game for the first 15-20 hours but my opinion was first checked somewhat when I realised that there was not going to be any property to purchase. This not only made all the money I had almost worthless it also removed the various missions connected with the businesses you buy in SA. Oh well, I thought, that will be made up for later. But it isn't.

There are far fewer things to do to make 100% and they're nowhere near as varied or 'whacky' as the ones in SA. And then when I did it all I find I get given...infinite ammo? Where the hell is the tank? You do get an attack chopper for the pigeons but it's less satisfying than the chopper in VC (which also came with missions) let alone the harrier in SA.

In short, the map has shrunk in size and variety, there is much less to do outside of the story, the second half of the story missions are repetitive and tedious, and what you win is much less worth the effort than before. To say that this game is more of the same is a real injustice to the previous games. Yes it adds very little new, but it also takes so much away.

Ya, I intentionally bought a new game just so I have a reason not to play GTA 4 (BTW it was The Orange Box awesome game)

yea i havent played it in 2 months got boring pretty quick..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Drags on at the end for sure. The biggest problem with the game is that they sanitized the GTA series by taking out all the quirky crazy shit you could do in previous games like planes, bikes, jet packs, etc. It's amazing to me that the game has a fictional version of Chelsea Piers yet it is completely non-functional. That place has a golf driving range, B-ball courts, a skate park, etc. Why aren't there mini-games that let us play those sports? There's actually 2 or 3 other skate parks throughout the Liberty City and you can't do crap with any of them. Lame!

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.