By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I alone in that I don't think I feel like finishing GTA4?

yeah... I've felt like not really finishing the story either.  I basically just wanted the game for total destruction and the free play of being able to do whatever i want, when I want, and killing who I want.  The story just doesn't interest me that much.  This game doesn't deserve a 10 at all, although very well done design and detail.  I'd give it a 8/10.

Around the Network

...why would having the game on blu-ray (and thus even bigger and longer)make the game more fun. if you don't like the game blu-ray would just serve lengthen the agony.

chansaet said:

Who finishes GTA games? I never had and I own all of them since GTA III. After unlocking the final city I stop playing the story mode. Story is never good enough to keep me interested plus most of the missions are just drive here kill this over and over and over. Going around and shooting people is all I do in GTA IV

Me.  I've finished all of the other ones.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

kitler53 said:
...why would having the game on blu-ray (and thus even bigger and longer)make the game more fun. if you don't like the game blu-ray would just serve lengthen the agony.

Having more space (theoretically) would have allowed for a more expansive and varied game ala San Andreas.  I'm sure that most people, like me, wanted the game to expand even further on San Andreas' ideas.

iv'e cpmpleted it and got 635 achievement points.... problem is i really can't be assed going looking for all 200 pigeons, or finding all 30 stunt ramps ect.... the funny thing is once i completed the story mode of GTA 4 i went back to saints row and am now loving it.... i think sandbox games need cartoony graphics to work properly..... GTA Vice city is by far my fave GTA game and for me it had the right look, the right style and the 80's setting was just flawless, great humour in vice city too, somthing GTA 4 seriously lacks

Around the Network
dougsdad0629 said:

I feel like I'm forcing myself to play it.  It has to be one of the biggest gaming disappointments I can remember.  Fun at times, but nowhere near living up to the hype.  I blame the lack of forward progress for the series on the multiplatform development.  Had they not been forced to dumb down the game to also fit on a DVD for the 360, we may have seen a much better product.  Anyway, just my opinions.  I'm thinking of trading it in while it's still worth something and maybe renting it at a later date to maybe finish it then.  I dunno.  Anybody else totally lost interest?

I underlined and emboldened the part that I thought was complete bollocks.

Getting that out of the way, I do feel as though I don't really want to finish the game. It kind of lost me about 50% through because it was all very similar. Same type of thing happened with the GTA3 series as well. It's just too redundant. I will finish it though. It's not my style to just leave something half assed.

Just kiss the tip.

Dont blame the 360... Blame microsoft for wanting everything...

Arkk said:
dougsdad0629 said:

I feel like I'm forcing myself to play it.  It has to be one of the biggest gaming disappointments I can remember.  Fun at times, but nowhere near living up to the hype.  I blame the lack of forward progress for the series on the multiplatform development.  Had they not been forced to dumb down the game to also fit on a DVD for the 360, we may have seen a much better product.  Anyway, just my opinions.  I'm thinking of trading it in while it's still worth something and maybe renting it at a later date to maybe finish it then.  I dunno.  Anybody else totally lost interest?

I underlined and emboldened the part that I thought was complete bollocks.

Getting that out of the way, I do feel as though I don't really want to finish the game. It kind of lost me about 50% through because it was all very similar. Same type of thing happened with the GTA3 series as well. It's just too redundant. I will finish it though. It's not my style to just leave something half assed.

Surely we can agree that anytime a game is developed for both 360 and PS3, concessions are made to fit it onto the DVD format as opposed to being developed solely for the BD format.  Exactly what those concessions are could be up for debate.

Havent finished it and not played for 2 months, enjoying cod4 more online.

What happened to the "zomg greatest game ever made!" crowd?

Were they all paid chump accounts or something?