By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I alone in that I don't think I feel like finishing GTA4?

I played about 5 missions. Did my usual messing around for about a week, then tried online hoping id get more excitement.

I laughed when it was autoaim and u can see where your enemies are EXACTLY on the minimap.

10/10 one of the best games ever? what a JOKE.

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
vaio said:
IllegalPaladin said:
marciosmg said:
I played GTA IV to the end. Twice. I wanted to see the two different endings. I also finished it to 100% completion. I love it.

The whole friends calling you is bad, I admit, but sometimes you could have a little fun. I liked the whole realistic tone. I wish they could make 2 kinds of GTA - one like IV and one like San Andreas. Two different styles, but I love them both.

Or they could make it serious and put more of those things that San Andreas great (parachute, for example)

P.S. - I also liked the story. That scene before one of Faustin´s mission that he talks to Faustin´s wife or the scene where he meets his "special someone" are pretty good.

You could have just made a save point before the story splits into the two different endings and then a save for whichever path you chose after the split.

Where is the split?

I finished it once and I am thinking about playing it through again.

It's close to the end, when you choose between "Deal" and "Revenge".

cool, now I know what to do. Thanks

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Am I alone in thinking Saints Row 2 will be more fun, yet much more poorly reviewed? Or has the whole genre gotten old?

I truly think that GTA or the sandbox genre needs a revision.

I bought GTA IV launch played it for a day. And only did one mission. Put the game back in its box and left that game alone for weeks or months.

I want to play it but it pisses me off with the same formula over and over again.

The problems with GTA4 all stem from too much focus on the main story...

--> Their is no tank which sucks... a tank = hours of fun...
--> Army/Police Helicopter should have missiles not just machine gun fire...
--> 6 star rating should mean the army comes... not just more police...
or atleast it could be heaps of cops instead of "ohh you just need to avoid being seen by anyone for 10 mins to travel outside the search zone..."
--> Nothing to spend money on...
- where are the additional houses?
- What about roman's taxi depot?
- what about other bussiness?

--> Not enough gun stores.
- Why not let us buy certain properties for illegal gun stores?
- why not give us some optional missions based on the illegal gun trade?

--> Once respect + like rating hit 100% that person doesn't call you to do random stuff ... or the rating can no longer fall.

Above is just a few things which the game needs to keep people entertained.

Around the Network
Aprisaiden said:
The problems with GTA4 all stem from too much focus on the main story...

--> Their is no tank which sucks... a tank = hours of fun...
--> Army/Police Helicopter should have missiles not just machine gun fire...
--> 6 star rating should mean the army comes... not just more police...
or atleast it could be heaps of cops instead of "ohh you just need to avoid being seen by anyone for 10 mins to travel outside the search zone..."
--> Nothing to spend money on...
- where are the additional houses?
- What about roman's taxi depot?
- what about other bussiness?

--> Not enough gun stores.
- Why not let us buy certain properties for illegal gun stores?
- why not give us some optional missions based on the illegal gun trade?

--> Once respect + like rating hit 100% that person doesn't call you to do random stuff ... or the rating can no longer fall.

Above is just a few things which the game needs to keep people entertained.
You forgot some-No planes-No parachutes-No army related vehicle-No housing-No working out-No bikes-Not alot of space

libellule said:
so finally, GTA4 sucked ???

WTF ???

libellule who never played GTA but think it is weird that the supposed "ZOMG best game ever played ZOMG" is only "meh"

Internet Game Reviews are worthless. Any two bob nobody can write up a game review these days. The GTA IV reviews I believe were paid for by Rockstar.

GTA4 is just about the worst GTA ive ever played. Its so damn repetitive I cant stand it. The music sucks compared to the GTA's b4. The missions got extremely repetitive. The characters were dumb. I will never put it in my ps3 again

My Top 5 Games of All Time

1. FF7 4. SSX Tricky

2. FE7 5. RE4

3. MGS4

VALENCIA CF

SACRAMENTO KINGS

laziassazn said:
GTA4 is just about the worst GTA ive ever played. Its so damn repetitive I cant stand it. The music sucks compared to the GTA's b4. The missions got extremely repetitive. The characters were dumb. I will never put it in my ps3 again

Oh yeah, because we all know how intelligent Carl Johnson(main character of San Andreas) was./sarcasm

And super mario galaxy is 97% verses 98% for this on Metacritic. Its so dissapointing that in history this game will be "better" than that isn't it.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.