By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - METAL GEAR SOLID 4 VS GEARS OF WAR 1!!

Shooting or Action fan = Gears of War

Stealth fan = MGS4

Both are the best at what they do.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
||DeOn|| said:
Squilliam said:
disolitude said:
Squilliam said:
I would have to say Gears but I hate them both, I just hate gears less.

Cliffy B can still make games for me... but Kojima won't.

lol. If I was Kojima I'd be really offended if I read this on some blog.

Cliffy B will protect me, hes got muscles! xD

I wonder sometimes if Epics inspiration is homoerotic tension in the work-place. Their games have gone like this Jill of the Jungle - Unreal - Unreal Tournament - Gears of War, which is Female to big man in a suit to even bigger men in even bigger suits. There must be some sort of pink flag explanation for that.

umm..why did i just feel a gay vibe in that last comment(no offense)

You got a problem with the gay vibe?

naw...im just sayin like y r u bringin up this dudes muscles and shit.....and ur makin it seem like u like gears over mgs because cliff has muscles =/

Metal Gear has always been more Story line than Game play.

Gears of War is more Game play than Story line.

It boils down to that.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Squilliam said:
disolitude said:
Squilliam said:
I would have to say Gears but I hate them both, I just hate gears less.

Cliffy B can still make games for me... but Kojima won't.

lol. If I was Kojima I'd be really offended if I read this on some blog.

Cliffy B will protect me, hes got muscles! xD

I wonder sometimes if Epics inspiration is homoerotic tension in the work-place. Their games have gone like this Jill of the Jungle - Unreal - Unreal Tournament - Gears of War, which is Female to big man in a suit to even bigger men in even bigger suits. There must be some sort of pink flag explanation for that.

haha. The thing about Epic games is that they are a private company. No public traded stocks gives a company more freedom to do whatever they want to do.

So yeah, maybe they do have homoerotic fantasies...they don't have to worry if making games based on their fantasies will make the stock go up or down. They can actually make them a reality...

That gears gun that Cliffy B carries around all the time could be more than jsut a toy gun you know. ;)

MGS4 is better in every possible way - gameplay, graphics, sound, lenght, weapons, physics. I'm not even mentioning story as Gears doesn't practically have one.

Gears was a fun game in it's own right though, i finished it twice on PC.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Around the Network

Gears is a better and more entertaining game. Too many people are drinking the Metal Gear Kool-Aid.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

mgs4 is a better game than gear of war. "only xbox fanboys say otherwise" "no matter how good a game is on ps3 xbox fanboys will always say gears of war is better" theres no point asking questions like this

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

They are both 2 completely different games, but i'll pick MGS4. but if you ask a xbox fanboy they always say, Gears owns MGS and so on, but most of them haven't even played a MGS game, its pretty ignorant on there part.

Is this a joke post? GoW barely even has a story...

Skeeuk said:
mgs4 is a better game than gear of war. "only xbox fanboys say otherwise" "no matter how good a game is on ps3 xbox fanboys will always say gears of war is better" theres no point asking questions like this

Thank you for calling me an xbox fanboy. I am not that. I was a huge MGS "mark". MGS4 changed my mind out how great the series was. Hell, I own the domain "metalgearsolidus". I was a Metal Gear fanboy. If I'm saying Gears is a better game (IMO) I am not lying. Screw story...gameplay is what makes a game and Gears plays better then MGS4 hands down. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion and mine doesn't make me a fanboy.

To the modertaters I apoligize for going a bit off topic.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus