By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - METAL GEAR SOLID 4 VS GEARS OF WAR 1!!

2 totally different games and this could possibly spark a fanboy war :s

They are both great games but I think overall, MGS4 takes the trophy. The attention to detail in every aspect is unbelievable. The cutscenes can get too much sometimes, but in the same way GoW i found to be linear and lacking in story.

It's just how the Oscar's work. A lot of great films and entertaining films are made every year, but it is mostly the artistic films that get the Oscar. MGS4 was artistic perfection to be enjoyed in several ways, whilst GoW was perfectly entertaining popcorn gaming.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Games with the words, metal, gear or war in them sound silly.

I think they should have called both games "of solids 4"

................o...k.......=/

Gears of War, I prefer to actually play my games instead of watching cut scenes interrupted by gameplay.

MGS4.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

@Deon,

Please don't use all caps in your thread titles, normal use of capitalization will do just fine.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Sqrl said:
@Deon,

Please don't use all caps in your thread titles, normal use of capitalization will do just fine.

ok...so uhhh r u gonna pick a game or what?

...................................*sigh*

I haven't played MGS 4 yet, but I just don't see a comparison here. Gears of War was built as a shallow but fun single player adventure with a heavy focus on multiplayer. MGS 4 was built as a shallow but fun multiplayer with a heavy focus on single player.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Oops.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

hmm i dont know i really liked both alot,i cant choose

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"