By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is King of HD JRPG's!

Riachu said:
makingmusic476 said:
sc94597 said:
Riachu said:
sc94597 said:
^ I am going to say it depends on reviews. If it turns out to be excellent then 1 mln doesn't seem out of question, but if it turns out mediocre then probably not.

We should be glad to know that WKC has more things going for it than against it. Like for example, the talent of the developer and that Level 5 don't want to rush the game out the door

Agreed, and its one of my most hyped games for the ps3, but it could turn out bad. So I'm going to wait until we see more.

The issue with Level 5's games are usually marketing over quality. Dark Cloud was one of the first JRPGs on the ps2, and Sony marketed it heavily. I remember seeing tv commercials taht compared it to Zelda (though it wasn't really all that like Zelda). It sold pretty well because of this. Dark Cloud 2 came out a year or two later and surpassed the first in every way. It's considered by many to be Level 5's best game. However, it sold like crap, because Sony didn't push it at all. I didn't even find out it existed until years later when I saw a used copy on a shelf at GameStop.

Sony is touting WKC as one of its big exclusives for the PS3 so I doubt Sony would release WKC without a decent marketing push.

They'll definitely push it hard.  Much like the first Dark Cloud, it's their only big JRPG on the horizon.  In fact, it's probably in an even more important position than DC, as there is literally nothing else on the horizon aside from the ES port and the niche Valkyria Chronicles.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Kasz216 said:
Monster Lab I believe is an RPG. Though admittidly I don't think it will rate well at all.

It's a game I bet i'll like though do to it's Front Mission collesuem similarities.

Monster Lab is not an RPG. It is a simulation game

I don't see the differnce. You win turnbased battles to get items which you use to gain different points and get more powerful.

That's not that different from other RPGs without a level up system. Like say Final Fantasy 2.

You really shouldn't use me as a stereotype :P

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

can't find the button to delete this :(

i will said it again Quantity < Quality.
not a single wii rpg right now is a jewel or modern classic of the RPG gentle.

who ever have ff13 +ff13versus the probably 2 best selling JRPG this generation will likely win.

and right now pretty much all the JRPG and ending up multiplatform.

trusty bell sold like crap --> multiplatform.

same thing will happen to star ocean 4 and maybe undiscovery since there huge probability they both will bomb in japan.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
shanbcn said:
Three biggest JRPGs of this generation will come to PS3 and two of them are exclusive, WKS, FFXIII and FFvXIII.

lol, hilarious.

Dragon Quest? Kingdom Hearts? Star Ocean? Symphonia 2? Looks to me these are all bigger than WKC, of which we know next to nothing. Might as well say that Infinite Undiscovery is the biggest RPG this gen, that's just as stupid. Chances of FFvs13 being exclusive are very small once FF!3 sells great on 360.

Dark Cloud = Zelda = adventure.

*buzzer sound* WRONG! We have seen new screens and art come are way this year as well as previews when the game was played by journalists at TGS last year.

And, Dark Cloud is STILL a RPG. It isn't zelda or adventure game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
BengaBenga said:
shanbcn said:
Three biggest JRPGs of this generation will come to PS3 and two of them are exclusive, WKS, FFXIII and FFvXIII.

lol, hilarious.

Dragon Quest? Kingdom Hearts? Star Ocean? Symphonia 2? Looks to me these are all bigger than WKC, of which we know next to nothing. Might as well say that Infinite Undiscovery is the biggest RPG this gen, that's just as stupid. Chances of FFvs13 being exclusive are very small once FF!3 sells great on 360.

Dark Cloud = Zelda = adventure.

*buzzer sound* WRONG! We have seen new screens and art come are way this year as well as previews when the game was played by journalists at TGS last year.

And, Dark Cloud is STILL a RPG. It isn't zelda or adventure game.

All we've really seen of FF XIII and Versus is CGI. Not exactly a good thing to go by. Also, they won't be out for a long time while the others are. I have to give WKS props though, it looks really nice. But the RPGs Benga listed are...big. I'd expect all of them to outsell WKS.

I doubt Star Ocean will outsell WKC unless the game is ported to the PS3 as we aren't sure how much the 360 owners will receive Star Ocean.

WKC should have no problam selling at least a million. Think about how many PS3 fans want a big Jrpg right now.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

HanzoTheRazor said:
WKC should have no problam selling at least a million. Think about how many PS3 fans want a big Jrpg right now.

PS3 owners are dying for a big budget JRPG.  I am not sure about 360 owners though

its made by level 5... and right now the trailer looks good i hope we get a release date by TGS