By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is King of HD JRPG's!

Kasz216 said:

Always great when a large portion of your argument relies on "Stuff not yet announced!"

Also. Disgaea and Valrkia Chronicles are Strategy RPGs. A genre much more niche and different then a basic JRPG.

Using SRPGs in an arguement about JRPGs is bad.

Even more so when that said arguement avoids 360 Strategy RPGs. Operation Darkness, Zoids Assualt, Spectral Force 3: Innocent Rage, Super Robot Taisen XO.

Around the Network

Meh... say all you want but a crappy spinoff of Dragon Quest on the Wii is just 80k away of the highest budget HD jrpg this gen so far: Lost Odyssey. And we don't even have the European number if the game has been released in Europe. At the moment, the best platforms for JRPG are the DS and the PSP but in the future, it's likely to be the Wii considering it's the most popular in Japan.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

The reason I still don't have a PS3 is because most of those RPGs are either not good, not localized, haven't even been announced, or haven't been released.

By the end of 2008, I will have over 6 more quality RPGs in my collection for 360.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Godot said:
Meh... say all you want but a crappy spinoff of Dragon Quest on the Wii is just 80k away of the highest budget HD jrpg this gen so far: Lost Odyssey. And we don't even have the European number if the game has been released in Europe. At the moment, the best platforms for JRPG are the DS and the PSP but in the future, it's likely to be the Wii considering it's the most popular in Japan.

Don't you mean Tales of Symphonia spinoff or 2 or whatever it is considered.

irstupid said:
Godot said:

He means "Dragon's Quest: Swords.  It's at 680K vs Lost Oddesy's 760K

Around the Network

@Irstupid No he is talking about dragon quest swords. ToS Dotnw will most likely pass Lost Odyssey in WW sales.

So MS is the Queen then.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Acevil said:
Kasz216 said:

Always great when a large portion of your argument relies on "Stuff not yet announced!"

Also. Disgaea and Valrkia Chronicles are Strategy RPGs. A genre much more niche and different then a basic JRPG.

Using SRPGs in an arguement about JRPGs is bad.

Even more so when that said arguement avoids 360 Strategy RPGs. Operation Darkness, Zoids Assualt, Spectral Force 3: Innocent Rage, Super Robot Taisen XO.

Well to be fair. 360 isn't region free right? So Super Robot Taisen XO is a bit of a non factor... though an awesome nonfactor... and OD was just... i don't know how they screwed it up.

It's like bringign up third person shooters in an arguement about who is the first person shooter king.

Even if you were going for an all encompasing "JRPG, WRPG, SRPG" crown SRPGs would have to be considered less then the other two because of it's niche appeal. (SRPGs being my favorite genre of game by a lot by the way.)

History taught us that we don't learn from history.
Your facts are useless. PS3 is still king.

irstupid said:
Godot said:

Blasphemy! Never would I put tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World in the same sentence as the word I used to describe Dragon Quest Swords.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...