By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 will be shown at invite-only pre-E3 event

ssj12 said:
why was Blue3 banned.. again?

made some one cry maybe.

Around the Network

sieanr said:

Another example of misleading advertising. Sony and Microsoft are guilty of this.

Ok I'll bite... Please show some examples of misleading advertising by Microsoft.

I don't like this type of invitation.

Because the big consequence of making a private show is that no video will be shown from this event (at the opposite of others game that will be presented classicaly at E3 2007)

The last time (E3 2006 ?), Sony have shown, to some little numbers of people (private so), a pre-pre-pre version of what killzone was suppose to be (this is what they saied)
Of course, I m sure that if we (public gamers) would have seen this video, we would have say "wow, this is good but so far from E3 2005 trailer).
But we have never see this video, so our only visual "from" KillZone2 is E3 2005 trailer (the amazing one). That is why Sony made in PRIVATE show :
==> to keep the "fan hype" as high as possible

Now they are going to do the same thing.
but why ?

I have the impression that they fear,
they fear that their game is not visually as good as people hope it will be.
So to keep the hype high, they will not show it to public ...

of course, I don't even mention the gameplay ...

Time to Work !

IllegalPaladin said:
sieanr said:
Blue3 said:
leo-j said:
Here's the thing if kotaku guy wateverhis name is goes to the ps place and would compare halo 3 to the new killzone what do you think he would say?

hard to say, kotaku are retards.

Yeah, its such an easy comparison that even kotakutrads should get it. Prerendered CG vs a real game

Has everyone forgotten Killzone 1? Sony tried to hype it just as much.

How about one of the first Halo 2 teasers? The one I'm thinking of is when the Master Chief is walking to the airlocked doors while radio chatter is played in the background. While this is going on, it constantly cuts to his 'mission objectives' and then jumps into space? (The actual version of that is when he takes that bomb and carries it off the ship in the first(?) level).

The difference in those was that people actually liked Halo (also guessing that they didn't also blatently lie). I don't really like all pre-rendered trailers since I'm more intereted in what actually matters in a game: gameplay.

As for Killzone 2, I'll still never get why people are getting so excited over this game. The first really wasn't that great and the only thing people have to go on is an old pre-rendered trailer. Other than that, from what I've read the game doesn't offer any new type of gameplay or action, just your generic FPS. Not saying a generic FPS is a bad thing and can't be fun, it could be a great FPS, I just don't understand why people see this game as the second coming.

-edit-

And please don't take this a OMG I HATE TEH BS3!!! IT R DOOMED statement, take it as a why do people care so much about Killzone 2 statement. 

twesterm said:
IllegalPaladin said:
sieanr said:
Blue3 said:
leo-j said:
Here's the thing if kotaku guy wateverhis name is goes to the ps place and would compare halo 3 to the new killzone what do you think he would say?

hard to say, kotaku are retards.

Yeah, its such an easy comparison that even kotakutrads should get it. Prerendered CG vs a real game

Has everyone forgotten Killzone 1? Sony tried to hype it just as much.

How about one of the first Halo 2 teasers? The one I'm thinking of is when the Master Chief is walking to the airlocked doors while radio chatter is played in the background. While this is going on, it constantly cuts to his 'mission objectives' and then jumps into space? (The actual version of that is when he takes that bomb and carries it off the ship in the first(?) level).

The difference in those was that people actually liked Halo (also guessing that they didn't also blatently lie). I don't really like all pre-rendered trailers since I'm more intereted in what actually matters in a game: gameplay.

As for Killzone 2, I'll still never get why people are getting so excited over this game. The first really wasn't that great and the only thing people have to go on is an old pre-rendered trailer. Other than that, from what I've read the game doesn't offer any new type of gameplay or action, just your generic FPS. Not saying a generic FPS is a bad thing and can't be fun, it could be a great FPS, I just don't understand why people see this game as the second coming.

-edit-

And please don't take this a OMG I HATE TEH BS3!!! IT R DOOMED statement, take it as a why do people care so much about Killzone 2 statement.

I kind of feel the same way about Halo. We're all different. I'm interested in seeing Killzone 2 to see how it'll look comapred to the first 'showing' and I think that's where all the hype is coming from. Like I said, I was the same way with Halo 2. People I knew kept hyping it up and bragging to me that Halo 2 was going to be the most amazing game ever. I joined my friends at a Halo 2 launch multi-player party and found my feelings for the game were opposite from theirs and felt fairly unimpressed by it.

Around the Network

I actually hate all the Halo games too, just I can understand Halo 2 and 3 being hyped since those are actually big games.

libellule said:

Because the big consequence of making a private show is that no video will be shown from this event (at the opposite of others game that will be presented classicaly at E3 2007)

The last time (E3 2006 ?), Sony have shown, to some little numbers of people (private so), a pre-pre-pre version of what killzone was suppose to be (this is what they saied)
Of course, I m sure that if we (public gamers) would have seen this video, we would have say "wow, this is good but so far from E3 2005 trailer).
But we have never see this video, so our only visual "from" KillZone2 is E3 2005 trailer (the amazing one). That is why Sony made in PRIVATE show :

but why ?

whine and moan about nothing at all.

Nothing says that they dont show a short trailer during their E3 show with all their other games.

Killzone is just getiing a special event to show it off.

twesterm said:
I actually hate all the Halo games too, just I can understand Halo 2 and 3 being hyped since those are actually big games.

People compare games to the Halo series, I don't compare any shooter to just one game, but I think the Half-Life games reign supreme on the top of my list. That doesn't mean that Call of Duty 2, F.E.A.R, Doom 3, or Far Cry instantly suck because they're not exactly like the Half-Life games. 

I don't know, maybe I have a better view on games than others who will fight to the death for their game. I'd really want to see that fight. . . 

Celb said:
libellule said:

but why ?

whine and moan about nothing at all.

Nothing says that they dont show a short trailer during their E3 show with all their other games.

Killzone is just getiing a special event to show it off.

While we don't know everything that'll happen at that event, we do know that it's 2.5 hours long. So far, all we're really positive about is Killzone 2 will be shown, so that leaves 2.5 hours for. . . ?

I never played through the single player for Half-Life, but I played Half-Life 2 single player and it just bothered me to death. It seemed like their little cabal just took everyone's idea and tried mashing them all in one game and it just didn't sit well with me.

That and I hate Hammer with a fiery passion.

/off topic