By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 will be shown at invite-only pre-E3 event

Were they even going to do a public beta?

Around the Network

what i find funny is E3 this year is invite only, so they are inviting the people who were already invited lol.

As for the beta for the game i see it running mid-July to the beginning of August.  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

twesterm said:
Were they even going to do a public beta?

yea they have already announce they are gonna do a public beta

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Hmm, I thought I've read that they already denied a September launch.

libellule said:

I don't like this type of invitation.

Because the big consequence of making a private show is that no video will be shown from this event (at the opposite of others game that will be presented classicaly at E3 2007)

The last time (E3 2006 ?), Sony have shown, to some little numbers of people (private so), a pre-pre-pre version of what killzone was suppose to be (this is what they saied)
Of course, I m sure that if we (public gamers) would have seen this video, we would have say "wow, this is good but so far from E3 2005 trailer).
But we have never see this video, so our only visual "from" KillZone2 is E3 2005 trailer (the amazing one). That is why Sony made in PRIVATE show :
==> to keep the "fan hype" as high as possible

Now they are going to do the same thing.
but why ?

I have the impression that they fear,
they fear that their game is not visually as good as people hope it will be.
So to keep the hype high, they will not show it to public ...

of course, I don't even mention the gameplay ...

Keeping the hype high is important, it retains interest amongst the gamer community in the game. A similar marketing method was actually used for Killzone 1.

It could be true that they fear a backlash from critics and gamers if the graphics aren't up to par, so in that case they would wait until the last possible moment, when everything has been tweaked and polished to show the game publicly at it's best. It could have been a disaster to show publicly an early alpha build, with expectations after the trailer set so high.

I personally am very much looking forward to the beta, I hope too much emphasis wasn't placed on the single player, becuase I'm looking forward to a strong multiplayer.

Around the Network

Keeping the hype high is important, it retains interest amongst the gamer community in the game. A similar marketing method was actually used for Killzone 1.

Sony seems to consider stringing people along is a reasonable business tactic to maintain sales or stifle those of the competition. Look at the PS3 release -- they must have known 6 months in advance that it would be delayed (hell, not one 3rd party game was in development yet then and nothing first or second party would have been close), and yet they were telling people just a couple of months before the missed release date that it would ship then. When the PS2 was coming, that tactic combined with blatant overpromising contributed to the death of the dreamcast.

I've never seen an FPS this high profile get released only a few months after real information and demos were shown to the public.

at least PS3 fan wil be "happy" ...

http://www.us.playstation.com/e32007/

wait the loading, and check the location 1/2/3 on the map to get information about sony E3 2007 conference.

and after this, try to catch the "white moving cursor" on the map ...

Do I go out ?

Time to Work !