By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The "How do I...?" FAQ thread.

Dgc1808 said:
Gilgamesh said:
dharh said:

How do I make it bloody stop auto scrolling to the bottom of the page almost every time? I get why its a feature, but I _don't_ want it.

Wait it's a feature that it automatically jumps to the reply box at the bottom of every new thread you go in?

Any word on when it's gonna be fixed? It's pretty annoying...

No idea I've complained about it for quite some time and I got no answer

Around the Network

how do i embed videos again,i see someone asked but i didn't see the answer and i see other posts embedding videos

it always sends my post crazy when i try to embed things

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:

how do i embed videos again,i see someone asked but i didn't see the answer and i see other posts embedding videos

it always sends my post crazy when i try to embed things

Get the embed code, click on the HTML button (right next to the question mark), and paste the code there.  Easy-peasy!  Try it!

thank you,

while your here how do i link like i see other people do when they use a word or sentence as a link which is usually a different colour,

i'm not good at this sort of stuff and wonder how you do it

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:

thank you,

while your here how do i link like i see other people do when they use a word or sentence as a link which is usually a different colour,

i'm not good at this sort of stuff and wonder how you do it

If you mean doing something like this, just get the url of whatever web page you want to link to, type out your post, highlight whatever words you want to trigger the link, click on the chain (it's to the left of the anchor), and paste the url there.

Around the Network

good thanks you're very helpful i always wondered what the chain and unlink thing was

haha,what is the anchor for while were about it

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:

good thanks you're very helpful i always wondered what the chain and unlink thing washaha,what is the anchor for while were about it

Y'know, I have no idea... I've never used it or the brush, so I don't know what either one does.  Sorry!

How do you browse for threads that you previously posted?

how do i start a new thread i have over a hundred posts

How do I use smaller fonts than this usual one? I've tried using <small> in the HTML editor and it didn't work.

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity