By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which fighting game takes the most skill?

SSB series, Naruto GNT 4(way more than you guys think), SC series

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Street Fighter, definitely. Have you seen this before? This move is just so damn hard to pull off, and he actually did it!

Is that really Street Fighter? It looks more like M.U.G.E.N.

Anyways, for 3D fighters it's Virtua Fighter and for 2D fighters it's Guilty Gear.

Actually, it's Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (lol). It probably looks like it because M.U.G.E.N. was greatly influenced by the SF series, after all.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

tekken without doubt
no way button mashing can beat a skilled player in tekken
knowing moves and precision = skilled tekken player

321tttrini4everz said:
tekken without doubt
no way button mashing can beat a skilled player in tekken
knowing moves and precision = skilled tekken player

....what we're trying to point out is: if you TRY to play...you lose..if you button mash...you're better than using your brain

if you know everything about the game..obviously you're better...that's why I love smash...no matter how much you button mash...you can't win

Mortal Kombat II

Around the Network

Smash Bros Melee and Brawl. They require not only knowledge, but skill and a strong mind.

Tekken is much more about memorizing the sequences.

Virtua Fighter 5 for 3D fighters, Street Fighter III Third Strike for 2D fighters.

Gulity Gear series, Blazeblue, Arcana hearts, street fighter series and maybe SSB series.

Depends on the skill, IE timing, reaction speed, memorization and so forth...

Games like Smash are less memorization oriented and more rapidly choosing the right action in the right circumstance.

While button combo games rely on memorization and the ability to quickly determine which combo set best to utilize.

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

SSBB, its fun and challenging!