By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tekken 6 scheduled for Dec. 2008, exclusivity not yet determined

Tekken 6' (PS3) Coming Late 2008, Possibly Also On Xbox 360

Tekken 6 is the next installment in Namco Bandai's popular 3D fighting series, coming exclusively to the PS3. While Tekken 6 was a no show at E3, in a recent interview with GameEX Magazine, Haruki Suzaki revealed that the game is currently scheduled for Dec. 2008, and when asked if it was still a PS3 exclusive, Suzaki replied "No, It hasn't been determined yet as of the moment."

Link

I guess we'll see more at TGS in October.

Around the Network

ouch.

I thought that this would happen, it's unfortunate for Sony to lose their only exclusive fighting game, which also happens to be their 5th biggest franchise remaining exclusive.......but hey, at least will most likely see it in 2008!

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

December? Bugger, I thought it was coming in September. Sony would be absolute fucking idiots to allow this to slip to the 360. It's been exclusive to the PS consoles since the very first game in the series.

why would it be exclusive to ps3?

Around the Network

@blackstar
Every other main Tekken game has been. Only exception was Tekken Advance on the GBA. Good presumption as any that this would be also.

On the subject, this is M$ chance to buy something else. Or at least help Namco make up their mind. Must be nice having to buy a game library instead of producing quality games.

Is this Japan or worldwide...I'd presume Japan?

Hmm, pie.

Damn, another exclusive gone

Yeah, my guess is it will be timed exclusive, I'm just glad it's coming out this year.

Feniris said:

I thought that this would happen, it's unfortunate for Sony to lose their only exclusive fighting game

Well, Tekken 5: DR is exclusive, so most Tekken fans should already own a PS3, but for more casual players who won't buy a new console for Tekken it makes sense for Namco to release it on 360 aswell.

If that comes to 360 there goes one of my last reasons to get a PS3!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

The Fury said:

On the subject, this is M$ chance to buy something else. Or at least help Namco make up their mind.

Is this Japan or worldwide...I'd presume Japan?

Should be WW as localisation for fighting games is a piece of cake, they'll want to get it out in the west before Christmas. I'll be getting the JP version anyway, so I'm not really bothered.