By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tekken 6 scheduled for Dec. 2008, exclusivity not yet determined

BKK2 said:

Tekken 6' (PS3) Coming Late 2008, Possibly Also On Xbox 360

Tekken 6 is the next installment in Namco Bandai's popular 3D fighting series, coming exclusively to the PS3. While Tekken 6 was a no show at E3, in a recent interview with GameEX Magazine, Haruki Suzaki revealed that the game is currently scheduled for Dec. 2008, and when asked if it was still a PS3 exclusive, Suzaki replied "No, It hasn't been determined yet as of the moment."

Link

I guess we'll see more at TGS in October.

Nooooooooooooooo !

I only say that because Tekken is one of my favorate gaming franchises of ALL TIME !.. I have every single game ever released for a playstation console.. including 3 versions of tekken 5 !

Now normally it would be okay, but this game is one that (atleast in my opininon) is really one of the defining franchises for the Sony Playstation. :( It just belongs there. In my opinion.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
The_God_of_War said:
December? Bugger, I thought it was coming in September. Sony would be absolute fucking idiots to allow this to slip to the 360. It's been exclusive to the PS consoles since the very first game in the series.

I agree with you.  Sony would be dumb to let this slip from them.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

If they don't know about exclusive when the game has less than 6mths before release they must be waiting on something before confirming either way....

Hmm I just complained in the other thread about not hearing any details about the game and then I immediately saw this. Excellent news about the release date.

Sry but in my opinion it's solely up to sony to keep the exclusives exclusive.

If Namco, Square or any other developer wouldn't multi-plat with their games they would just be nuts if there are no payments from eiter MS or Sony.

Let's say Namco makes 20$ with every copy sold on the 360 and they sell 1million copys. Porting shouldn't be too expensive.
So let's guess Namco makes 18$ million by releasing it on the 360.

Unless Sony pays them heavily I don't see any reason not to go multi plat.

Around the Network

At least we know it's coming.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Onyxmeth said:
Rainbird said:
Onyxmeth said:
DMeisterJ said:
Meh.

Tekken lost it's luster after 2/3. And it lost all liking to me after Tag. I liked Dark Resurrection, but it's never gonna be the same.

VF5 is above and beyond better.

Amen to that. Virtua Fighter 5 all day for me.

On-topic: This shouldn't be surprising at all. Namco has been in Microsoft's corner all generation. Here's what they've given each console:

PS3

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
Powerup Forever(PSN)
Ridge Racer 7
Tekken 5: Dark Ressurrection
Time Crisis 4

Ace Combat 6
Beautiful Katamari
Eternal Sonata(12 months of exclusivity)
Galaga Legions(XBLA)
Mr. Driller Online
Pac Man Championship Edition(XBLA)
Ridge Racer 6
Super Robot Taisen XO( Japan only release)
Tales of Vesperia
Warhammer: Battle March
Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade
XBLA ports of Dig Dug, Galaga, Ms. Pac Man, New Rally X, Pac Man, Soulcalibur, Xevious

Multiplatform

Afro Samurai
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
Eternal Sonata(In Fall 2008)
Smash Court Tennis 3
Soulcalibur IV
Splatterhouse

Now with Soulcalibur IV multiplatform, and Soulcalibur on XBLA, why would Namco put Tekken 6 on just the PS3? Their allegiance is with Microsoft much more than Sony nowadays. That hint towards multiplatform from the article is probably a "yes" that he can't admit to yet.

As long as we have that, Tekken can go multiplat for all I care

Well if you're that big of a Naruto fan, I hope you own all three consoles, since all three are getting their own exclusives.

Nah, it's not the Naruto fan in me speaking, but I honestly think I will have more fun fighting in N:UNS than I will in Tekken 6. But that's just me of course

Kyros said:
I am a PS3 owner and I think its cool. Why should ANYONE have to buy both a PS3 and a 360? Not porting a great game is just so wasteful and bad for gamers.

Give us Bioshock and Mass Effects and you can get Tekken6 and FFXIII. (This would be a great exchange for PS3 owners IMO ) Fair is fair.

Nah we're in the stronger posission unlucky mate.

We'll give you Viva Pinata for nothing because we feel sorry for you, we know we're getting all your exclusives in the end anyway

(lol I'm a sad twat, actually laughing...can the PS3 go down anymore...We all know its going to win over the 360, lol the stupidity of the modern consumer getting sucked in by the brand.)

If the PS3 was the 360 and vice versa, the PS3 would be finished by now like the Dreamcast. 

we know we're getting all your exclusives in the end anyway

You mean besides all Sony first party titles that represent some of the best and best-selling titles of all time?

Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Shadow of the Colossus successor, Ratchet, Uncharted 2, Motorstorm 2 , Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Socom, Mag, Infamous ...

I know its easy to list a number of crap exclusives for all consoles but these are all titles I would play in some cases they are the best games of all times. 7 of those are in the Top15 of upcoming titles on all consoles I would consider to buy. God of War3 alone is enough to destroy the other consoles.

Your mileage may vary. If you like bright graphics and arcade titles the Wii may be for you. And if you like RPGs the 360 may be better for you.
While the 360 had the (by far) better gaming lineup 2007 its marquee titles 2008 leave me cold.
So the PS3 has the better games (depends on your tastes) this christmas, a BluRay drive, it doesn't crap out, better media functionality and finally its free online features are closing in on the 360. why should I buy a 360 again? Because its 100$ cheaper?

The game will at least be timed exclusive for the ps3. The arcade machines were built using ps3 hardware (cell + RSX), so they'll have to port this from ps3 to 360 no matter what. Unless they started working on the 360 version...months ago (which they obviously haven't), the ps3 version will inevitably come out first.