By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tekken 6 coming to the Xbox 360?

disolitude said:
Riachu said:
selnor said:
I dont really care. Tekken series is one of the worst beat em ups I played.

You dare call a deep and complex fighting game one of the worst beat em ups you ever played. Especially since Tekken is a fighting game series and not a beat em up.

No offense...but Tekken is about as deep as a Rock_On post on this forum. Especially compared to VF or DOA series...

DOA?????

D-O-fucking-A?!?!?!?!?!

No offense... but you've embarrassed yourself there. Tekken has nearly as many hidden moves as DoA has moves in the entire game. Characters like King and Hwoarang have literally hundreds of moves. Tekken also requires a lot more precision timing to pull off many of the more difficult manoeuvres. By every measure it is a far more deep and complex game than DoA. Seriously, dude. There is simply no comparison.

Admittedly, Tekken has been treading water for a while, but it is still without doubt the absolute pinnacle of fighting games to date, and no other series has yet come close to matching it's awesomeness. Virtua Fighter has the complexity, but not the diversity of characters or variety of different playing styles, and also has a much weaker control system which betrays the legacy of it's Saturn/arcade roots. Dead or Alive is similar to VF, but with less complexity and more tits. Soul Calibur is the prettiest (and most buxomatic) of them all, but, again, lacks the depth to give it longevity. Street Fighter hasn't been at the top of the pile since the original release of SF2, and the cancellation-based combo system introduced by the series (which began life as an exploit, rather than a conscious design decision) negates the need for precision timing and, ultimately, just makes the game a more complex button-masher. Expect SF4 to be the same old shit, but in 3D, and to only sell based on the nostalgia factor. Other fighting games can be dismissed with equal ease.

Tekken may not "matter" in the same way as GTA4 or FF13, but I know people who couldn't give a flying fuck about any current gen games that will buy a system just for Tekken. If it goes to 360, they might buy one of those, although they will probably curse the shitty d-pad the same way PS3 owners curse the absurd convex triggers on the sixaxis. Christ, if Tekken goes to the 360, the only real reason for me to choose a PS3 will be that it isn't made by Microsoft.

There is simply no competitive two-player game that is as much fun as Tekken. Of course, you really have to have friends that know how to play for it to be worthwhile, otherwise you end up letting them play as Eddie/Christie/Lili and have to suffer the indignity of getting your arse kicked by someone who does nothing but furiously mash the kick buttons. There is also little glory in getting a double perfect on a neophyte.

So many misguided haters in this thread. I guess I should be thankful no one mentioned Smash bros.

Around the Network

Tekken went down the crapper after 2 and to an extent 3.

After losing FFXIII, I've become numb to exclusives anyway.

The_God_of_War said:
WTF? I'm pretty sure Sony have some kinda lifetime contract with Namco where the Tekken series will only ever be on PS consoles. So how on Earth could this go to the 360? It's the best fighting game series ever, if Sony somehow let this slip, I am going to punch Kaz Hirai in the face and urinate on his kids.

LMAO

I would be so excited if Tekken came to the 360 because it is one of my favorite fighting game series and I wouldn't have to get a PS3 just to play it.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

lol i feel it before :)

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=33452

Eh, I really don't think its a big deal. Certainly not like FFXIII or DMC, anyway.

Lol, nobody even cares about Tekken here!

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Played_Out said:

Admittedly, Tekken has been treading water for a while, but it is still without doubt the absolute pinnacle of fighting games to date, and no other series has yet come close to matching it's awesomeness.

Sorry, but I'll take fast, fluid, and fun combat (ala Soul Calibur or Street Fighter) any day over slow, clunky combat (Tekken).  Hell I'd take any capcom fighter over Tekken.  Rival Schools anyone?!

Tekken will remain an exclusive to ps3 in my view but if it happens I wont be getting it anytime soon.

let em have it sony dont know the meaning of 3rd party exclusives

Namco and Microsoft has been having great partnerships lately, ex. Ace Combat 6, Eternal Sonata, Soul Caliber 4, Ridge Racer 6,etc. It would not be shocking at all

take a good look

plz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken_6