By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After E3, I am giving Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt.

First, it's NOT THE GAMES, that were setting us off. If was comments from a Ubisoft employee on the official company forums that made us think the company thought Wii owners were all casual idiots who would buy crap. It turned out that wasn't Ubisoft's official stance, but that guy did not state that until Ubisoft had to step in and state it themselves. Futhermore, on other boards, I have yet to see that guy apologize for the mess he made, leading me to think he was trolling, actually did want us to think that. Fucker.

So because of that, I decided to wait until E3 to see if Ubisoft actually had respect fo Wii owners. Now it still seems they are trying to emulate what they think is Nintendo's strategy, but there are a few points in their favor.

1. Tenchu 4. We already know they are publishing the game, but since it's a major game, we know Ubisoft wasn't the publisher that tried to get The Conduit rushed out. A point in their favor.

2. Either the gaming press didn't cover it, or that N64 game in Wii clothing was not at the show. If the latter is the case, that may mean they are actually trying to update it. A tentative point in their favor.

3. Shaun White's Snowboarding at the Nintendo conference looked just a little better than those first year Dreamast shots. This would likely mean the graphics are getting touched up. A point in their favor.

So even though they still owe the Wii a core game or two (because Resident Evil and Twilight Princess weren't bought by parents just scooping games up), they seem to not just be dismissing the core Wii owners, as that troll who "never claimed it was Ubisoft's official word" wanted us to think.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Tenchu 4 is not a Ubisoft game, they're just publishing it in certain territories (and hopefully not doing a piss poor job of it like they did with No More Heroes).

As far as I'm concerned, that forum moderator thing was only a trigger. Ubisoft's problems run much deeper. Still waiting for their Nintendo quality games they promised ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I am not giving Ubisoft the benefit of doubt except for Shaun White which looks good with the balance board. I may pick this one up cause I'm more interested in snowboard than skate.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt for awhile now. While everyone was yelling that they hated the Wii and that they should be boycotted, I realized that the problem was actually that Ubisoft has just forgotten how to make video games. There's no malice, just forgetfulness ^_^

They deserve our pity, not our scorn people!

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

NJ5 said:
Tenchu 4 is not a Ubisoft game, they're just publishing it in certain territories (and hopefully not doing a piss poor job of it like they did with No More Heroes).

As far as I'm concerned, that forum moderator thing was only a trigger. Ubisoft's problems run much deeper. Still waiting for their Nintendo quality games they promised ;)

Did you read my comment? It does not claim it's a Ubisoft game. The context clearly points out they are just publishing it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

On Gamecube most 3rd party games I own are actually from Ubisoft, and while on Wii there is a big change, I'm pretty sure within a year everything will be all fine between Ubi and Wii owners.

They already published No More Heroes and will publish Tenchu 4 (I really don't see why this is not important cause it's not "developing", without a publisher you can develop all you want).

LordTheNightKnight said:
NJ5 said:

Did you read my comment? It does not claim it's a Ubisoft game. The context clearly points out they are just publishing it.

You did claim so, but counting this as a point in their favor... even HAVING to count this as a point to make a list of 3 things in their favor, together with what I've said shows how much benefit of doubt Ubisoft really deserves.

Sorry for not making it clearer in my reply.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I tried giving Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt. People just pointed and laughed. It hurt.

On a more serious note, did they show the Prince of Persia Wii edition they promised at E3? Because I don't remember seeing it anywhere.

Until they release "Nintendo like quality" on the Wii they're dead to me.

Maybe what they meant by Nintendo quality games was that eventually they and Nintendo would be making similar quality games. Wii Music certainly doesn't look like it's much better than Petz.

(Before anyone calls me a troll...look at my game and console collection. I'm quite happy with my purchase of the Wii. I simply think that game looks awful).

EDIT: That was off topic, though.

OT: I was never a fan of the Ubisoft boycott--really, a few people on a message board saying they won't buy game they already were'nt going to buy is not worth much--and I do hope to see something nice from Ubisoft soon. I'm glad they published NMH, which is a great game (and the most successful one Suda ever made) and hope Tenchu 4 works out somewhat well. They may owe the Wii a core game, but really, so does Capcom (at least one that isn't a port), Konami and Square Enix. Hopefully they'll come.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.