By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After E3, I am giving Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt.

noname2200 said:

I tried giving Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt. People just pointed and laughed. It hurt.

On a more serious note, did they show the Prince of Persia Wii edition they promised at E3? Because I don't remember seeing it anywhere.

I don't think so, but they did release screens from the DS version, "The Fallen King".

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:
I'm sensing quite a fair bit of back-tracking in the O.P..

Weird.

No, you're chosing to ignore that I repeatedly stated quite a while ago that I was waiting until E3 to see if Ubisoft actually did think that way. It's clear they don't, so there is no backtracking.

Then again, you've twisted a lot of posts to try to make us all look wrong.

Oh, so you weren't the one with the "Ubishit" avatar?  Or the "Ubisoft: We don't like money" avatar?

Exactly. 

Everything you needed to say was in your avatar.

Did I drop that avatar just now, which would indicate backtrackin in the OP, or weeks before E3, which was around the time I stated I was waiting until E3 for them to prove themselves, which would indicate I had changed my mind long before this?

Exactly.

This is what I mean by twisting everything to make us look wrong. If I had kept that avatar, then you would have grounds, but acting like it's still my position, even after I clearly stated it no longer was quite a while ago, you are just using bullshit to try to falsely make me look like a hypocrite.

I don't take kindly to people like you. You're no better than those jerks on the yell-over-each-other shows on cable news.

I don't watch CNN or FoxNews or anything like that, so I don't know what you're talking about.

But you made a statement, with your avatar, and now you are backtracking.  It's okay though.  I was just pointing out what I saw.

DMeisterJ said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:
I'm sensing quite a fair bit of back-tracking in the O.P..

Weird.

No, you're chosing to ignore that I repeatedly stated quite a while ago that I was waiting until E3 to see if Ubisoft actually did think that way. It's clear they don't, so there is no backtracking.

Then again, you've twisted a lot of posts to try to make us all look wrong.

Oh, so you weren't the one with the "Ubishit" avatar?  Or the "Ubisoft: We don't like money" avatar?

Exactly. 

Everything you needed to say was in your avatar.

Did I drop that avatar just now, which would indicate backtrackin in the OP, or weeks before E3, which was around the time I stated I was waiting until E3 for them to prove themselves, which would indicate I had changed my mind long before this?

Exactly.

This is what I mean by twisting everything to make us look wrong. If I had kept that avatar, then you would have grounds, but acting like it's still my position, even after I clearly stated it no longer was quite a while ago, you are just using bullshit to try to falsely make me look like a hypocrite.

I don't take kindly to people like you. You're no better than those jerks on the yell-over-each-other shows on cable news.

I don't watch CNN or FoxNews or anything like that, so I don't know what you're talking about.

But you made a statement, with your avatar weeks ago, and then you were backtracking.  It's okay though.  I was just pointing out what I saw.

Fixed. You completely left the time frame out, and that is why the claim I am backtracking now is bullshit. I don't care if you think it's okay. It's still based on a major fallacy. When people change their minds, they change it in that moment. I change my mind weeks ago, and stated I was instead waiting until E3. That means it is logically impossible for me to be backtracking now, since that would mean I am backtracking from a postition I was no longer holding when I made this thread.

Again, in order for me to be backtracking now, I would have had to have dropped that position just before I stared this thread, not weeks before.

I didn't, therefore there is no backtracking in the OP.

So you are teling me you are "okay" with something that is impossible.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Let me put that in fewer words. I had decided weeks ago to wait until E3. That isn't backtracking now. That's being consistent with the position I've been having for weeks already. At worst it was backtracking then.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Wow, Ubisoft corrected themselves over that guy's comments, but DJ still hasn't corrected himself.