By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Lucid Dreaming Thread

There some interesting dreams here lol, and thanks for all the info sky render

Also for the people that seem to have Lucid Dreaming down to a science do you think you can give some tips for everyone

the one tip I have for people is when your in a lucid dream and you realize your dreaming but everything is all fuzzy and unclear and you think your going to start slipping out of the dream, just try rubbing your hands together (I know it sounds odd but it works) and if that don't help to much try spinning around in circles.

Around the Network

Is there anyone with any tips or advice?

i dont recall having had one, they sound weird though, most of my dreams i forget really fast though!

I used to keep a dream diary. I'd wake up and draw whatever I remembered from my dream, and write down any dialogue I'd remember, and any crazy plot points that can't easily be drawn.

In less than a week of this I just started having lucid dreams every night.

I didn't know what they were at first, so I'd open my eyes and suffer from sleep paralysis, and I'd see people walk by the room and I'd hear the phone ring (and wake up later and remember this and find out it was real because my eyes were actually open while I was asleep and dreaming), but I couldn't move, but I'd also dream crazy things into my real room, like a dragon walking through the wall.

Then I looked it up online, found out about lucid dreaming, and discovered keeping a dream diary is one of the steps you can do to try to have them on purpose. The more dreams you write about or draw, the more details you remember each day, and eventually it's easier for you to tell the difference between dreams and reality so you just start going lucid all the time.

I'd fly through the ceiling and up into space so I could see the city as a grid of rectangles for buildings and blocks, and I'd just start... rearranging them with my mind, and then fly back down into a whole new city, and start flying through buildings, going through walls, so I could go through every room in a building in a few seconds and just spy on the whole world. And sometimes I'd be a lucid detective jumping from dream world to dream world, investigating an alien body snatching dragon and then battling it to save the world.

I've also noticed that if you take several 1-2 hour naps in a day, you're almost guaranteed to have a million lucid dreams in your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th nap.

And if you "wake up" into sleep paralysis, you won't be able to move at all, but if you just "levitate" out of your bed, it instantly turns into a lucid dream in which you can fly and you don't wake yourself up.

Also, if I ever got into trouble in any of my lucid dreams, I could just wink really hard and furrow my brow for half a second, and I'd open my eyes in another room or another dimension or something. It was a crazy teleport function in every lucid dream I've ever had.

Oh, and those people who say you can't tell time in your dreams are wrong. I've told time in regular dreams and in lucid dreams. And there were other times where the time would be like 16:74 or 25:00 or 3:ZP or something and I'd immediately know I was dreaming and go lucid and fly through a wall or something.

Around the Network

I've only had one lucid dream, and it scared the f'in shit out of me.

I can usually remember a lot of my dreams, but for some reason I can't go lucid. Is there a technique or something?

Also, Rubang, you're still technically dreaming, so I'm not sure that can be classified as sleep paralysis.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Whenever I play the Xbox 360!

The thing is, can you stop lucid dreams if you want to? I've read some guy post on forums that he was having lucid dreams every day and he didn't sleep very well because of that. I don't know if he ever found something to stop the dreams.

I had few of those dreams... But most dreams I have, I can't really control what happens but I can feel stuff, even though I never experienced it (like getting shot). Very weird. O_o

Zuhyc said:
The thing is, can you stop lucid dreams if you want to? I've read some guy post on forums that he was having lucid dreams every day and he didn't sleep very well because of that. I don't know if he ever found something to stop the dreams.

I'm pretty sure lucid dreaming doens't effect your sleep at all it's no different from having a normal dream your going to wake up just the same, and thanks for the tips RubangB I'll have to give that a try tonight