By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why isn't there much hype for Versus?

sc94597 said:
GooseGaws said:
There has been absolutely nothing shown to suggest the quality of the game itself. I can't get hyped for a game I know almost nothing about.

The same could have been said for FFXIII before E3. Actually it seems to me there is more info on Versus than FFXIII.

I don't disagree that there is an almost equal lack of information on FFXIII itself.  As such, I can't get hyped about that game either, for the same reason.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

i think ff13 versus will redifine the rpg industry along with white knight story.

ff13 versus remeains exclusive and acording to the developers it uses a propriaty engine that wont be used again meaning, its been built up specificly for playstation 3.

i predict huge sales for ff13 versus, and is surely a stunning title to look forward to in the coming years.

2008 2009 2010 and beyond are looking pretty good for "the console of choice"

i predict a price cut for ps3 in mid 2009 which will send it like a catapault over the horizon of gaming

the install base for hd telly is going to grow over 2009, and i feel that your hd telly isnt really hd without a playstation 3 undeneath it.

ff13 versus will be hyped a lot once ff13 is out of the door, i cant wait for this title

the avalaunch of ps3 titles continues

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

i think ff13 versus will redifine the rpg industry along with white knight story.

ff13 versus remeains exclusive and acording to the developers it uses a propriaty engine that wont be used again meaning, its been built up specificly for playstation 3.

So you think that FFVXIII will redefine the RPG industry for what reason, exactly? Oh, because it is a PS3 exclusive and uses a proprietary engine that won't be used again and was built specifically for the PS3. That's one sound argument, there. I might as well pre-order it tomorrow.

Hates Nomura.

both games we know nothing about, the fact its that its not called "FF13" wont get the game any hype.. if it was named "FF14" instead of "13 versus" then its a diffrent story.
how ever i cant be hyped for a game i know nothing about especially when i know that motomu is the director...

GooseGaws said:
Skeeuk said:

So you think that FFVXIII will redefine the RPG industry for what reason, exactly? Oh, because it is a PS3 exclusive and uses a proprietary engine that won't be used again and was built specifically for the PS3. That's one sound argument, there. I might as well pre-order it tomorrow.

Too bad he doesn't mention that the engine also works on the wii and ps3. 

@Skeeuk I don't see how that is hype for the game, rather than what you THINK it will do for the ps3. Also why are you talking about HDTVs? Oh and mentioning the ps3 as "the console of choice" is flamebait.

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

i predict huge sales for ff13 versus, and is surely a stunning title to look forward to in the coming years.

2008 2009 2010 and beyond are looking pretty good for "the console of choice"

i predict a price cut for ps3 in mid 2009 which will send it like a catapault over the horizon of gaming

the install base for hd telly is going to grow over 2009, and i feel that your hd telly isnt really hd without a playstation 3 undeneath it.

ff13 versus will be hyped a lot once ff13 is out of the door, i cant wait for this title

the avalaunch of ps3 titles continues

That gave me a good laugh gief more posts PLX !

Well I guess my question addresses people who are also hyped for FFXIII.

sc94597 said:
Well I guess my question addresses people who are also hyped for FFXIII.

Any main series FF game will be excessively hyped just for the fact that it exists.  A spinoff or "alternate" game does not have that luxury.

Hates Nomura.

i actually care more about ff13 versus since nomura its not only the designer but also the director :)

joseph21 said:
i actually care more about ff13 versus since nomura its not only the designer but also the director :)

This is the exact reason why I'm much less than enthused about the game's potential.

Hates Nomura.