By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why isn't there much hype for Versus?

I always thought the attention the title received was disproportional to merit. I am not saying anything as to games quality, but at this time last year the title was only two percent complete. Whereas thirteen was fourteen percent complete. Further more given the budget for these titles I suspect they will not be dancing together on the release list. Nor did I expect them to have particularly short development cycles.

I can never understand the mindset that is obsessed with a title that is over a year away. I couldn't even understand why anyone was discussing this title last summer. The problem is that the title is a console warriors battle axe. Even now the title is being polished to ward off denial, and the green eyed monster.

That said the hype meter around this title has increased many magnitude this week alone as it has become the exclusive fall back for console warriors. Not only are the loyalists starting to build another fortress out of this title, but the warriors on the other side of the aisle are waiting for history to repeat itself.

The result is this title receiving any attention is an open invitation to its own degradation. A title should start to see hype at most six months before the launch. Instead if it goes to multiple platforms the same people that turned on XIII will turn on this title, and if that doesn't happen they are going to make the title into a farce.

I would say the title has received too much hype for its own good. The way that Final Fantasy XIII received too much hype. The title has been too hyped all along, and its only going to get worse over the coming weeks.

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:
sc94597 said:
Well I guess my question addresses people who are also hyped for FFXIII.

Any main series FF game will be excessively hyped just for the fact that it exists.  A spinoff or "alternate" game does not have that luxury.

Yeah I guess that is the reason why.

Last I heard they were putting Versus on the back burner so they could dedicate more time FFXIII. FFXIII is still a ways off, so it's hard for me to get excited about Versus when it's even further away.

CIHYFS?

GooseGaws said:
Skeeuk said:

i think ff13 versus will redifine the rpg industry along with white knight story.

ff13 versus remeains exclusive and acording to the developers it uses a propriaty engine that wont be used again meaning, its been built up specificly for playstation 3.

So you think that FFVXIII will redefine the RPG industry for what reason, exactly? Oh, because it is a PS3 exclusive and uses a proprietary engine that won't be used again and was built specifically for the PS3. That's one sound argument, there. I might as well pre-order it tomorrow.

Good lord GooseGaws we get it already.. you hate Nomura(SAYS SO ON YOUR SIG) now can you please stop trying to make other's opinion match yours. :|

OT: I for one am not excited to playing a spin-off. I just look forward to playing it IF it's good enough.

iron_megalith said:
GooseGaws said:
Skeeuk said:

i think ff13 versus will redifine the rpg industry along with white knight story.

ff13 versus remeains exclusive and acording to the developers it uses a propriaty engine that wont be used again meaning, its been built up specificly for playstation 3.

So you think that FFVXIII will redefine the RPG industry for what reason, exactly? Oh, because it is a PS3 exclusive and uses a proprietary engine that won't be used again and was built specifically for the PS3. That's one sound argument, there. I might as well pre-order it tomorrow.

Good lord GooseGaws we get it already.. you hate Nomura(SAYS SO ON YOUR SIG) now can you please stop trying to make other's opinion match yours. :|

OT: I for one am not excited to playing a spin-off. I just look forward to playing it IF it's good enough.

Uh, that has absolutely nothing to do with my statement.  I get annoyed when people state that a game will be "stunning" just for the reason that it is exclusive to a certain console, while they know virtually nothing about the actual game.  These are the same people who used to shout about how amazing FFXIII was going to be, until it went multi-platform, and now the previously incredible quality is suddenly suspect as a result.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:
iron_megalith said:
GooseGaws said:
Skeeuk said:

Uh, that has absolutely nothing to do with my statement.  I get annoyed when people state that a game will be "stunning" just for the reason that it is exclusive to a certain console, while they know virtually nothing about the actual game.  These are the same people who used to shout about how amazing FFXIII was going to be, until it went multi-platform, and now the previously incredible quality is suddenly suspect as a result.

Just let them talk, it's their dissappointment when shit happens. Opinions are as is. I wouldn't dare to stoop down unless it's a flamebait... :D

@iron_megalith:

Well, if you look at Skeeuk's entire post, it essentially reads "PS3 IZ THE BEST EVERZ RAWWRRRR."

It was totally unnecessary, and I felt the need to comment.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

GooseGaws said:

@iron_megalith:

Well, if you look at Skeeuk's entire post, it essentially reads "PS3 IZ THE BEST EVERZ RAWWRRRR."

It was totally unnecessary, and I felt the need to comment.

Lol! :P

Typical with all the fanboys. XD

Well it should be, but I think it is even further away from release than XIII, but as it is made by the KH tem, it should be great, but we know even less about it that XIII, so once we begin to get some info, then we will be more interested

I think starting at E3, versus will get hyped more from ps3 owners due to its exclusiveness.

as an example, take this thread.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.