By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why isn't there much hype for Versus?

The game seems to have alot of work and time put into it, seeing as it was being developed for the ps2, and may have even started developement as early as 2003. So that means that it has alot of time put into it. The team making it is of high quality. The trailer looked nice, and the story so far sounds good. While being a spinoff it seems close to or just as important as a Main FF. All of these things seem nice, but I never hear any hype for it. Why is this? It looks to be of the same quality as FFXIII imo, but still no hype. So does anybody else think versus is underhyped? I guess not having much hype is a good thing though, because everybody wouldn't expect too much from it, and if it turns out good they it would seem to be even better. I hope we see more of it though at TGS.

Around the Network

It has a killer artstyle and it's being made by the KH/TWEWY team. I'm hyped. :)

Read Soriku's posts while talking about FF13 and starcrafts. They both are looking forward to VS more.

^Yeah but that is much. I actually think versus has a good chance of being better than FFXIII. They both right now look equal in quality imo, but FFXIII looks looks a little similar to FFXII and I don't want that. Versus seems more of a mix between old and new FFs and that seems alot better imo. We know very little though about either one, so I can't come to a conclusion yet. Versus just seems to be overshadowed by XIII though in terms of hype.

There has been absolutely nothing shown to suggest the quality of the game itself. I can't get hyped for a game I know almost nothing about.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

Actually im hyped about versus ever since i saw the first trailer but the game semms so long away u can only hope that they will show some gameplay on TGS.

Because everyone thinks it is a spinoff when really the only thing similar in the games is the use of crystals and the universe they are in, everything else is different, plus we don't know that much about versus outside a view CG trailers. TGS and S-E's Japan event in two weeks alot will be revealed on FFXIII, FFvsXIII, FFaXIII and a possible new PS3 exclusive from S-E.

http://www.n4g.com/events_e32008/News-172631.aspx

Complete speculation for now though.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

There's just not enough information about it at this point. Most of the screen shots I've seen on various sites are pretty old and there haven't been any big press announcements regarding almost anything on the game.

Just based on the minimal information available, I was under the impression that it was not a "full" release, but more of a spin off title, whereas now it sounds like it may be a game that takes place in the same time and world, but from the perspective of a different set of characters.

Kind of an odd approach to game development, but also an interesting concept in the instance that there is self-referential overlap between the two games.

The closest thing I can think of in the way of story telling is Flags of Our Fathers/Letters from Iwo Jima which told the story of the same event, from opposite perspectives.

GooseGaws said:
There has been absolutely nothing shown to suggest the quality of the game itself. I can't get hyped for a game I know almost nothing about.

The same could have been said for FFXIII before E3. Actually it seems to me there is more info on Versus than FFXIII.

@Mitsuhide Agreed. It seems like more of an alternative to FFXIII rather than a spinoff.

I'm not hyped about the game... yet. We don't know much about it, just which team and that it is a part of the FF13 umbrella.

When we are given a broad release period, that is when the hype will build.