By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do so many gamers dislike Halo?

Eh I loved #1 on xbox to death even had 16player lan parties every other week ....after that it felt like the game got alot slower and just didn't capture the epicness that was Halo : Combat Evolved I

Around the Network
Xen said:
^People hate what's popular eh? I never heard of people hating Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo because of them being popular. Halo is flawed compared to some other shooters, but it has great music, that's what I think of it.

You really need to take out the fanboy glasses.

Final Fantasy: weebo emofest starring androgynous effeminate teenagers sporting as many belts and zippers as Nomura can draw.

Metal Gear Solid: lol 40 hour cutscenes, passive entertainment, it's not playing a game but rather watching some crappy anime.

Gran Turismo: real driving simulator? lol, moar liek real boating simulator, go-go boat physics and texturized photographs instead of real geometry. It's nothing but pretty menus and nicely modeled cars.

Note: none of the above reflect my own opinion and I've seen all of those many times on different forums.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Don't like FPS. Halo is no different. And it's popularity and socalled greatness pisses me off. There are better game and series out there.

Hmm, pie.

The singleplayer is generally boring even on the hardest difficulty, and multiplayer is meh. Co-op is very fun though. The problem I have with singleplayer is that at anything other than Legendary, the game is way too easy. On Legendary, the game just becomes a sidestep out of cover, snipe one guy, step back into cover to recharge shields. Again and again.  Oh, and the reason I "hate" it is because it's so overrated, and people like to claim it's the greatest FPS series of all time.

To clarify, here's my experience with the Halo games.
I've played most of Halo 1 both singleplayer (PC version) and co-op (XBox). I've played several multiplayer sessions, both splitscreen and system link (XBox).

I've played most of Halo 2 co-op and maybe 1/3 of it singleplayer. Just a couple sessions of splitscreen multiplayer. All on the XBox

I've played all of Halo 3 co-op. Played a few sessions of splitscreen multiplayer and splitscreen multiplayer online. Obviously played on the XBox360.

brawl4life said:
Eh I loved #1 on xbox to death even had 16player lan parties every other week ....after that it felt like the game got alot slower and just didn't capture the epicness that was Halo : Combat Evolved I <3 pistol .

it had the strongest pistol in any game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
brute said:
brawl4life said:
Eh I loved #1 on xbox to death even had 16player lan parties every other week ....after that it felt like the game got alot slower and just didn't capture the epicness that was Halo : Combat Evolved I <3 pistol .

it had the strongest pistol in any game

LOL.  I am so glad they got rid of that sniper pistol.  Nothing like a pistol being stronger than an assault rifle.  The balance in the Halo games has gotten better and better with each release.

^yeah they have,but that pistol was very awesome

Single Player, in all 3 games, were pretty terrible. Bungie likes to create a room and then copy paste it over and over again to make a level then fill it with all 6 of the games enemies. The story had TONS of potential, i loved the concept and thought some parts were awesome, but it just fell apart and wasn't fleshed out (and don't tell me to go read the books). That and all 3 games combined only add up to 15-20 hours.

The music had 1 good track, the main theme, which is one of my favorite video game themes ever. However in my opinion that is the only good song in the entire game, and pretty much the only one you hear during fight scenes, heck most of the game never has any music playing at all, it's just you going through repeating corridors shooting the same enemies.

The multiplayer is the series savior, without it it's just a generic bland repetitive shooter, but this is where the game shines. Lots of good maps, pioneered great online for consoles, and tons of game modes that's just fun to play. I still enjoy playing the multiplayer, but now it's not as amazing as it used to be, lots of other shooters have the same, if not more, multiplayer features.

My grades for the games would be:

Sinlge Player : C-
Music: C+
Multiplayer : A
Online : A

I don't hate halo, i love the multiplayer and play it all the time, but i will say that outside of the first game it's one of the most overrated and overhyped game franchises ever created. I think the reason most people hate Halo is because it gets so much undeserved recognition and people like me are sick of people calling it the best game ever made. They don't hate the game, they hate the people who play the game.

Because it sucks. i dont like FPS so yea.
Only good one was GoldeEye for N64 thats it. Every other FPS is boring as shit to me.

ph4nt said:
Single Player, in all 3 games, were pretty terrible. Bungie likes to create a room and then copy paste it over and over again to make a level then fill it with all 6 of the games enemies. The story had TONS of potential, i loved the concept and thought some parts were awesome, but it just fell apart and wasn't fleshed out (and don't tell me to go read the books). That and all 3 games combined only add up to 15-20 hours.

The music had 1 good track, the main theme, which is one of my favorite video game themes ever. However in my opinion that is the only good song in the entire game, and pretty much the only one you hear during fight scenes, heck most of the game never has any music playing at all, it's just you going through repeating corridors shooting the same enemies.

The multiplayer is the series savior, without it it's just a generic bland repetitive shooter, but this is where the game shines. Lots of good maps, pioneered great online for consoles, and tons of game modes that's just fun to play. I still enjoy playing the multiplayer, but now it's not as amazing as it used to be, lots of other shooters have the same, if not more, multiplayer features.

My grades for the games would be:

Sinlge Player : C-
Music: C+
Multiplayer : A
Online : A

I don't hate halo, i love the multiplayer and play it all the time, but i will say that outside of the first game it's one of the most overrated and overhyped game franchises ever created. I think the reason most people hate Halo is because it gets so much undeserved recognition and people like me are sick of people calling it the best game ever made. They don't hate the game, they hate the people who play the game.

the music is actually very good